Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Small dots don't seem to work for me. Any red dots that have an etched reticle?

Quote Originally Posted by mrozowjj View Post
    Well I just got the Vortex Razor Gen 2 in the mail today and guess what; starburst in same lighting conditions that the red dots starburst in. On top of that I found the eyebox to be rather unforgiving and it is heavy. I get most people love this thing but it is a resounding disappointment to me.

Guess I'm returning the Razor and going ACOGs on everything.
    Did not mean to like that and now I can’t unlike it. The dot thing is unfortunate, but I think you’re the only persons I’ve ever seen say that the eye box is unforgiving. It’s statistically 1.5 million times better than ACOGs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    Did not mean to like that and now I can’t unlike it. The dot thing is unfortunate, but I think you’re the only persons I’ve ever seen say that the eye box is unforgiving. It’s statistically 1.5 million times better than ACOGs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It is entirely possible I am using the term "eyebox" incorrectly. That or I have unreasonable expectations for an scope in this price range or I somehow got a dud.

What I mean is if I move my head up or down or side to side the picture disappears about as quick as another scope I have that is about half the MSRP which is a smaller delta than with the TA44 I tried out in the store. The front to back is ok and gets less ok the higher I dial the magnification up. Either way I'm kind of bummed for what this thing costs.

Maybe my eyes are shit and I just can't benefit from the "better" glass the way some people seem to be able to. Either way I'm sending the Vortex back which means two things for me

1. The Steiner is definitely not an option for my Scorpion; down to the TA44 or one of the Prism optics.
    2. I now need to find an optic for my AR too which is a double bummer because I thought I had that shit figured out until this morning.

Does anyone have any idea what mounts there are for the TA44 and what kind of height variation I can get with them? I'd like something lower than an AR so I can mount it to the Scorpion but it looks like the only option is the Bobro which is also the most expensive mount option I've found.

Does anyone have any idea what mounts there are for the TA44 and what kind of height variation I can get with them? I'd like something lower than an AR so I can mount it to the Scorpion but it looks like the only option is the Bobro which is also the most expensive mount option I've found.
    The TA44 can be purchased with or without the built in riser. American Defense appears to make a Mount very similar to the bobro.
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

Quote Originally Posted by Hizzie View Post
    The TA44 can be purchased with or without the built in riser. American Defense appears to make a Mount very similar to the bobro.
    There's about 6 or 7 different mounts and it's unclear what ones even work with the low base option TA44. It's all very confusing.

I looked at some other low power variable optics and none of them really seemed to work for me. I'm blown away people accept the eye boxes on these things.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    That looks like it's the older model of their prism scope. The newer version
    http://www.vortexoptics.com/product/...1x-prism-scope

Has the up/down arrows like their Razor AMG UH-1 holographic optic and it runs off a AAA instead of a CR2032 which is an improvement in my mind.
    New version is shown at $185 in this gun.deals link:

https://gun.deals/product/vortex-spi...-spr-200-24999

If you go to the seller's site, there is a "join now to see the price" goofiness, but that may be simply a way around MAP policies.

I'm sending my gun funds elsewhere in the near future, but it is a pretty solid deal if there are no shenanigans present.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

I'm bringing this post back up to ask the question, has anyone tried a green dot?

Eotech, Trijcon MRO, and lots of the Holosun now have a green dot option and I'm genuinely curious if the different spectrum of light might make an impact on how much it starbursts.

I'm like 80% sure it won't but I don't know enough about light spectrums and astigmatism and whatever my issue to be sure and I think it might be worth a shot.

I'm bringing this post back up to ask the question, has anyone tried a green dot?

Eotech, Trijcon MRO, and lots of the Holosun now have a green dot option and I'm genuinely curious if the different spectrum of light might make an impact on how much it starbursts.

I'm like 80% sure it won't but I don't know enough about light spectrums and astigmatism and whatever my issue to be sure and I think it might be worth a shot.
    I have a coworker with astigmatism who has a green reticle EOTech. He didn't have a significant improvement (if any) going from red dots to green. His astigmatism must be bad since viewing the green reticle through an A2 peep sight didn't help much either. Same coworker sees a starburst with an Aimpont T2. The only thing that helps him with the starburst is a magnifier.

Astigmatism in both eyes - though not bad enough to get substantial “bloom”. Green makes no difference from red.

FYI: if you liked the dual ilum RMR with delta reticle (my favorite version of the reticle) - How about a 1x24 Reflex? https://www.trijicon.com/na_en/produ...eflex&mid=1x24

To my aging eyes with astigmatism, green looks worse, in that it blooms more at lower brightness settings than red does. Vision is a uniquely individual thing. Eotech is the only thing I see clearly at this point. Once that goes to hell, it will either have to get corrected with glasses or surgery, or I'll be stuck with etched reticles.

User Tag List