Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump skips WWI ceremony due to rain...

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    Why is this news?
    Because anything the President does or doesn’t do is fodder for the 24-hour news cycle.

I remember stories that were lip-reader’s guesses about things Obama or Bush or their family members might have said when they were out of microphone range.

Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Sarah is a regular bastion of credibilty. If she said it then it must be true.
    Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the Doodie Project?

Site Supporter
    I think the hatred of Trump by the left, the media, establishment republicans, and those who seek perfection tell you a lot of what you need to know about him.

Vending Machine Operator
    Quote Originally Posted by Drang View Post
    Not if you're a helicopter pilot and it's raining too fucking hard for safe flight.
    Are cars not allowed in France? Has it never rained there so nobody could plan for it? How did all those other leaders get there?

I'm being snarky, for which I apologize, but there's no way that should have stopped the attempt to make it there, especially on such a profoundly important occasion, and extra-especially by someone who constantly makes political hay of how much he loves the military (aside from POWs). Sarah Huckabee Sanders reason was that he didn't want to disrupt Paris traffic with his motorcade. Given the man's various displays of vanity and ego the last two years, if you believe that I've got a bridge to sell.

I don't hate Trump. I'm a moderate and registered independent and was one of the people cautiously giving him a chance for the first year or two. He's made a few damn fine calls and I especially like his harder foreign policy stance. I certainly wasn't a Clinton voter. But he's done nothing to dispel the impression that he's a bit of a buffoon and a bit of a shitty guy (I think that's fair to say with multiple affairs on multiple wives), and it seems far more likely to me that he just didn't want to go.
    Last edited by LockedBreech; 11-11-2018 at 10:08 PM.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

I was involved in the planning of a presidential visit to my jurisdiction earlier this year, and worked extensively with the USSS. The amount of planning and preparation that goes into the president’s travels is extraordinary. I worked primarily with the motorcade/presidential detail’s tactical element, and got to see some of how they do things.

It took numerous agencies to secure the motorcade route (all roadways and intersections had to be totally shutdown, including interstates). There also had to be EOD sweeps of the entire motorcade route before his arrival and before his departure.

It would take an incredible amount of resources and personnel to secure the route for a 2.5 hour drive.

Vending Machine Operator
    I guess I just have a hard time believing there's not a Plan B for this important of an occasion. It would help if Sanders didn't have a track record of straight up lying sometimes.

Ah well. I agree it's not really news. Just sorta crummy.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    Bone spurs.
    The CDC should look into the sudden yet temporary outbreak of bone spurs among American elite males during the 1970s .
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

Quote Originally Posted by LockedBreech View Post
    It would help if Sanders didn't have a track record of straight up lying sometimes
    All press secretaries lie, it's just that people tend to be more outraged by that fact when the president is not of the same party, and tend to ignore it when he is.
    Last edited by CleverNickname; 11-11-2018 at 10:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    I think the hatred of Trump by the left, the media, establishment republicans, and those who seek perfection tell you a lot of what you need to know about him.
    His own words and actions tell me all I need to know about him.

I don’t particularly care how anyone else reacts, or fails to react, regardless of their reasons.
    Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the Doodie Project?

User Tag List