Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump skips WWI ceremony due to rain...

http://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone...sident-himself

Obviously speculation, but it’s speculation based on the reality of moving POTUS from point A to point B. FWIW the author isn’t t exactly known as a Trump supported.

Not nearly as witty as “bone spurs” though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    So how did everyone else manage to make the trips in the rain...?

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk
    I have nothing to do with it but I’m guessing they drove? I’m also guessing the threat assessments, procedures, and logistics are different for the various protective agencies. I’d also guess some of that is not easy to drastically change at the last minute. Like going from a flight to a very long motorcade route that you can’t do any advance work on, may not be able to adequately control, and may not want to screw the motoring public over that is trying to go about their daily lives on that day.

Quote Originally Posted by Ndbbm View Post
    I have nothing to do with it but I’m guessing they drove? I’m also guessing the threat assessments, procedures, and logistics are different for the various protective agencies. I’d also guess some of that is not easy to drastically change at the last minute. Like going from a flight to a very long motorcade route that you can’t do any advance work on, may not be able to adequately control, and may not want to screw the motoring public over that is trying to go about their daily lives on that day.
    I find the argument that they had no plan B in case of inclement weather pretty thin. Especially since the planner for Obama said they always have a plam B for weather.

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    I find the argument that they had no plan B in case of inclement weather pretty thin. Especially since the planner for Obama said they always have a plam B for weather.

Well screw it boys, grab some red shirts (geeky Startrek reference), tell the peasants to clear the road, we have a tank of gas let’s go.

I guess that’s an option, stupid, but an option. <Shrug> Dude I have no idea. There’s a lot of very valid reasons why not to, or maybe he decided to be an ass that day. My guess is for the faults he seems to have he seems to have a high regard for military and security/police folks. Maybe he could have order the screw it option, but the setting the Secret Service guys up to be red shirts doesn’t seem to be a great idea either.
    Last edited by Ndbbm; 11-11-2018 at 08:20 PM.

Site Supporter
    Why is this news?

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    Why is this news?
    Man I ask that with 95% of stories. Journalists need to justify their sad little jobs I guess.
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    Why is this news?
    Orange man bad! Don’t you know?

Pathetic excuse for sure, but news worthy????

Quote Originally Posted by LockedBreech View Post
    That’s a hard one to explain away.
    Not if you're a helicopter pilot and it's raining too fucking hard for safe flight.
    Last edited by Drang; 11-11-2018 at 08:31 PM.
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Lest we forget, the Polish president made the decision to "tough it out" to get to the Katyn Forest Massacre remembrance ceremony in 2010, and caused the deaths of himself, his wife, and over 180 others (including most of the Polish military's senior leadership).

Sometimes flying in bad weather is just dumb, no matter how much you hate the person you're poking fun at...

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Drang View Post
    Not if you're a helicopter pilot and it's raining too fucking hard for safe flight.

This ^^^ seems to have some much needed perspective. Thanks, Drang.

User Tag List