Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Trump skips WWI ceremony due to rain...

Quote Originally Posted by DocGKR View Post
    Hmmm......so if I understand this correctly, individuals that have real-world experience with prior Presidential security and transportation feel this movement cancellation was within the normal parameters, while folks who have no actual knowledge of such arrangements are upset and outraged over some perceived slight.
    This.

I worked 34 years for Houston PD. Houston, of course, is the other-than-summer home of G.H.W. Bush.

Quote Originally Posted by LockedBreech View Post
    Thanks for the kind words. My jimmes are 0% rustled, I am just bowing out because the consensus from people who know better seems to be that I was in the wrong here, so I'm not sure I have much more to contribute. I try to be the kind of person who can realize I'm digging myself a hole before it gets too deep.
    Yeah, there's always a rain plan....and there was, in this case.

There's always other commitments on the schedules, too, and a protective detail is simply planning when it makes drive plans. Part of the game is making plans for shit that the protectee isn't likely to do, but just might. That doesn't mean it's practical with the other commitments on the schedule, particularly when you're already scheduled to attend another ceremony at a cemetery the next day in the rain and everyone knew the Belleau Wood ceremony was possibly a bridge-to-far to begin with.

Pure logistics, dude. The Great War Centennial in Paris was a basically a mini-UNGA with almost 300 dignitaries and 60 protective details in attendance......there was a metric shit-ton of stuff going on there other than wreath laying ceremonies.

Quote Originally Posted by DocGKR View Post
    Hmmm......so if I understand this correctly, individuals that have real-world experience with prior Presidential security and transportation feel this movement cancellation was within the normal parameters, while folks who have no actual knowledge of such arrangements are upset and outraged over some perceived slight.
    We can further modify it and say, "people who not only have experience, but were actually there"...…..

….or we could just all be pissed off because the media told us to be angry. In particular, the media organizations that weren't invited to be there....
    Last edited by TGS; 11-13-2018 at 06:30 AM.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Vending Machine Operator
    Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    Yeah, there's always a rain plan....and there was, in this case.

There's always other commitments on the schedules, too, and a protective detail is simply planning when it makes drive plans. Part of the game is making plans for shit that the protectee isn't likely to do, but just might. That doesn't mean it's practical with the other commitments on the schedule, particularly when you're already scheduled to attend another ceremony at a cemetery the next day in the rain and everyone knew the Belleau Wood ceremony was possibly a bridge-to-far to begin with.

Pure logistics, dude. The Great War Centennial in Paris was a basically a mini-UNGA with almost 300 dignitaries and 60 protective details in attendance......there was a metric shit-ton of stuff going on there other than wreath laying ceremonies.
    The post ya quoted already explicitly said I was wrong, so...I agree?
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

User Tag List