Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Reliability of Walmart sourced practice ammo?

Site Supporter
    Wow. I must live in Oz. One of the Wal-Marts I buy ammo at is in close proximity to our capital and does have it's share of crapola, but no more than other locations, IMO. I've never waited more than 5 minutes for assistance with the locked ammo case. I must have a charmed life!

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by BigD View Post
    I don’t trust Walmart, but nor do I believe all the rumors out there.

Why would Ruger be willing to sell sub-standard guns through Walmart but not through Cabela’s or the LGS? It’s their reputation and warranty claim regardless of where it was purchased.
    Fact. I worked for a company that sold a lot of product to Walmart. The product either met the QC specs for the line or it didn't. Now, Walmart wasn't buying the high end line of stuff. Additionally, beyond warranty claims, the lawyers would have a damn field day with that. Selling a nonconforming product into the marketplace. Someone would be getting paid.

Sent from my fruit based pocket computer using Tapatalk

Disclaimer: I work in the firearms industry as a designer and engineer. My posts do not represent the opinions or positions of my employers, past or present.
    "If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur."
    Disclaimer: I have previously worked in the firearms industry as an engineer. Thoughts and opinions expressed here are mine alone and not those of my prior employers.

What is this 'Walmart' that so many speak of?

Quote Originally Posted by UnoZero View Post
    Those are my favorite. I admit that I like Pop-Tarts way more than a grown man should.
    Since we're coming out I'll confess to the same.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    Since we're coming out I'll confess to the same.
    Not that there's anything wrong with that...
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Quote Originally Posted by Lester Polfus View Post
    Not that there's anything wrong with that...
    Some of my best friends like chocolate, onions layers and all that.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Thanks for all the help and suggestions. I feel better now.

The last two boxes of Winchester 115 grain did seem a bit soft shooting. Malfunctions with my EDC always freak me out, even if it was with practice ammo.

My experience is that Winchester white box is the lamest factory loads out there.

Cheap plinker grade target ammo from Wal-Mart is the same as cheap plinker grade ammo from anywhere else. They don't have a monopoly on cheap ammo. A lot of the 115gr target grade ball is semi-anemic.

That said, I've never really had a problem with WWB from Wal-Mart, other than when they made it with brass jacketed bullets, vs copper, for a short while way back in the early/mid 2000's. I was getting some keyholes and other weird stuff going on. I no longer buy WWB, as I mostly reload. Current Winchester QC is probably not as good as Federal or CCI/Speer from what a lot of folks have been posting. I flat out refuse to buy Remington/UMC after having, and seeing a lot of failures and problems with various calibers and types of ammo. It's almost universally filthy, and they really are not innovating at all anymore.

HK's seem to be more ammo sensitive than Glocks, and you are probably better off buying slightly hotter or heavier bullet loads. Speer Lawman, S&B, or a "NATO" clone load and I bet you'll have no issues.

We’ve been running Lawman, Blazer Brass and AE through my wife’s P30sk without issue. I have some S&B but haven’t ran any of it through this gun, but have used it in our Sigs and it’s great.

User Tag List