Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Reliability of Walmart sourced practice ammo?

Reliability of Walmart sourced practice ammo?

In cheap 9mm brass practice ammo I have three choices. Yellow box Remington, white box Winchester and Federal Champion. Its there any difference in reliability with these three in an HK P30SK? I had two stoppages yesterday with the Winchester, both stove pipe jams. I have not had any issues yet with this gun till yesterday. Just hit the thousand round mark. The manual insists on brass ammo only.

I did purchase some over pressure Federal Aluminum 9mm that locked a Shield down tight that I used to own. Been a little wary of Walmart since then.

So does it matter or not?

Walmart doesn't make ammo they just sell the common brands you can find in any sporting goods store

If your P30 isn't eating them all just fine that's a bit odd. Winchester white box is the go-to for generic nothing-special OTC ammunition.
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

Site Supporter
    Check out SGAmmo.com. They have a great selection and great prices. Also Lucky Gunner and AIMSurplus. Is there some reason you're limited to WalMart?

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

All three of your named lines are quality inexpensive low power factor ammo If you use any one of them long enough you will have a stoppage of some kind.

Federal American Eagle and Blazer BRASS may be a touch better, but for practice it will all work.
    Last edited by Artemas2; 11-11-2018 at 12:59 PM.

Banned
    Second for SGAmmo. I can get Blazer Brass for 3 or 4 bucks cheaper per box than Walmart prices

Quote Originally Posted by Peally View Post
    Walmart doesn't make ammo they just sell the common brands you can find in any sporting goods store

If your P30 isn't eating them all just fine that's a bit odd. Winchester white box is the go-to for generic nothing-special OTC ammunition.
    Thanks. Good to know. I am a little wary of Walmart because they are my employers biggest vendor, keeping some of our plants running 24/7. We routinely carve out tiny amounts of raw materials per part to cut costs. Quality gets compromised in the process.

Makes me suspicious of anything they sell.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KeithH View Post
    Thanks. Good to know. I am a little wary of Walmart because they are my employers biggest vendor, keeping some of our plants running 24/7. We routinely carve out tiny amounts of raw materials per part to cut costs. Quality gets compromised in the process.

Why not just order online? There's a plethora of reliable online sources for cases of practice ammo.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Quote Originally Posted by KeithH View Post

I have heard years back that Wal-mart buys (or use to buy) guns that did not pass QC from Ruger and some others. I have no idea or anyway to verify if there is any truth to that claim.

Quote Originally Posted by pangloss View Post
    Check out SGAmmo.com. They have a great selection and great prices. Also Lucky Gunner and AIMSurplus. Is there some reason you're limited to WalMart?

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk
    Thanks for the reminder of SGAmmo.com. Have not bought from them in 8 years. Completely forgot they existed.

I use SGAmmo for two reasons, price and a variety of choices in whatever caliber I am looking at....talking handgun ammo here. Of course, looking for ongoing sales from various vendors can save one some money too.

User Tag List