Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: External hammer K6

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    Do you think Safariland will ever make speed loaders for the K6?
    K-frame speedloaders work. You may need to shave them a bit for extra clearance.

Looks good to me.
    At 25 oz, it is more nearly a modernized Police Positive Special than a Model 64 alternative.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigghoss View Post
    But that 3" sure looks cool.
    That it does. The aesthetics are spot on, IMO. I don't think it's enough to get me to part with that much $, but it does look good.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    Right now the K6 is: Altamont, VZ, crimson trace, or whatever Kimber provides OEM from those vendors. Or, at least that’s the way it was when I bought my 3" earlier this summer. I’d expect the likes of Hogue, et al., to be coming up to speed pretty quick.
    Houge has some up now: https://www.hogueinc.com/grips/kimber/k6s

Plus, they showed but pulled back synthetic Bantams, they are supposedly still on the way.

I think a set of these are in my future:

Name:  B49DDCDF-9063-4D94-8B43-FE003434D8CC.jpg
Views: 488
Size:  45.3 KB
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

That 3” look nice. VERY nice. I’ll have to do some searching, anyone know who’s got the most rounds through one to to do a thorough (not a 300 flawless rounds!!) write up?
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    That 3” look nice. VERY nice. I’ll have to do some searching, anyone know who’s got the most rounds through one to to do a thorough (not a 300 flawless rounds!!) write up?
    There’s a couple of people here who’ve done 1k. I’m at just under 900 on mine right now (what can I say? I got waylaid by acquiring too many other new guns to try out...)
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    IIRC, the biggest takeaway is to use snap caps for dry fire, or you'll eventually break the firing pin.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Whitlock View Post
    IIRC, the biggest takeaway is to use snap caps for dry fire, or you'll eventually break the firing pin.
    The guns that went back for FP breakage seem to have come back with a new, rounded shoulder FP. I would hope that the new exposed-hammer guns would come with the redesigned part... but I admit that’s an assumption.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Hogue has the Bantam out and they are smaller than the full size Altamont Altais. Have both on a K6s 2" just purchased a couple of weeks ago. Prefer the texture on the Hogue but wish that texture was on the Altais. Post a pic when I get a chance.

Reason was overtaken by emotion a couple of weeks ago and purchased the second K6s after selling the first a year ago. What changed my mind is the Altamont Altais on the gun along with 3 dot night sights.

Gun still shoots low to sights with all loads. But it groups well and the action is so smooth.

Serial# is: RV0212XX. Want to try a Vz grip "in the flesh" before spending any more money on grips for this piece.

Purchase price for gun was under 800.

Oh jeez, really? Since I already have the 2” K6 DCR I have no need for another’s Kimber revolver but checking out the pics I really WANT one now. I have 2380 rounds of a variety of 38 SPECS & 357 MAG through my K6. I broke the firing pin close to 500 rounds and a LOT of dry firing on empty chambers. Kimber did a great job replacing & fixing everything with a quick turn around. Since then I still dry fire a LOT using snap caps with no problems. It’s one sweet every day carry, 6 round capacity, 357 MAG revolver.

A 3” inched exposed hammered brother might just be keeping it company soon. The last issued FBI revolver was the Model 13 with a 3” bbl. At that time it was considered the best and most modern 357 magnum combat carry wheel gun. It looks like Kimber just picked up the ball from there and carried it about as far as possible forward.

Nicely done Kimber. I wish more manufacturers were this responsive to customers.
    Last edited by medmo; 11-12-2018 at 08:21 PM.

User Tag List