Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: External hammer K6

External hammer K6

New from Kimber:

https://www.kimberamerica.com/k6s-da-sa-2-1

https://www.kimberamerica.com/k6s-da-sa-3-1

One of these with the spur taken off appeals to me more than the enclosed-hammer versions.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

I have to hand it to Kimber: nobody can accuse them of half-assing their revolver line. These will probably end up being popular additions.

I was just shooting my 3" K6 yesterday. So far, so good; it’s been a fun little wheelie.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

If I could fit a full sized CT grip with the green laser I would be all over it. Unfortunately, not so much.

Nice. They do a DLC version and I’ll be all over that 3” gun.

@Sidheshooter - I forget are these distinct grip frame or was Kimber smart and stole the round butt k-frame profile?

I have no desire for an external hammer on a revolver. But that 3" sure looks cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Site Supporter
    Time for me to start saving money. At some point in the future I will likely have one, and have the hammer bobbed.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    are these distinct grip frame or was Kimber smart and stole the round butt k-frame profile?
    Distinct and very limited choices, main reason I am fixing to sell mine...

Quote Originally Posted by fatdog View Post
    Distinct and very limited choices, main reason I am fixing to sell mine...
    Ah, right I remember this now. Some folks apparently have adapted J-Frame grips, but it's a pretty ugly conversion.

Now, that said I found a guy recently who will laser scan your favorite grips and then convert them to a new gun pattern (if he has a scan of the pattern). You end up with 3D printed, plastic, grips (or a wood-matrix composite), which kind of sucks. But in theory this means you could scan grips you like for a Smith or Colt and adapt them to the K6. Before I get off all into that though, I'm going to see if this guy can scan the Fitz D-Frame grips I have and reproduce them with any degree of accuracy (I'm guessing yes, since laser scans and 3D prints tend to have generally high fidelity).

Right now the K6 is: Altamont, VZ, crimson trace, or whatever Kimber provides OEM from those vendors. Or, at least that’s the way it was when I bought my 3" earlier this summer. I’d expect the likes of Hogue, et al., to be coming up to speed pretty quick.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    Right now the K6 is: Altamont, VZ, crimson trace, or whatever Kimber provides OEM from those vendors. Or, at least that’s the way it was when I bought my 3" earlier this summer. I’d expect the likes of Hogue, et al., to be coming up to speed pretty quick.
    Do you think Safariland will ever make speed loaders for the K6?

User Tag List