Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Any updated Aimpoint Acro P-1 Release?

This

G45

Done

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I’m liking it. I’m also noticing how much lower this would likely mount if it were direct milled instead of MOS - I’m guessing at least half of the MOS plate thickness lower if not more.
    Can it be mounted without a plate?

How would it direct mount to a milled surface? Since it is sealed.

Maybe I missed it - does the ACRO have a 2nd reticle option with a larger ring? There is a photo in this article that appears to show that.

https://www.alloutdoor.com/2018/06/1...-hands-photos/

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post

Easy — it uses a side bolt.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post

It’s similar to a weaver mount, but different. At that length, it will most likely interfere with the Glock firing pin safety if you don’t kill the rear sight dovetail. If they’d release the milling specs, it would be helpful. Alas.... Here we are... speculating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought there were pics of a direct milled slide in the other big ACRO thread?
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

I thought there were pics of a direct milled slide in the other big ACRO thread?
    There are. None with BUIS.

Quote Originally Posted by Balisong View Post
    Sweet, looks like it should be a nice setup for duty and maybe competition. But I don't see how it'll work for CCW with all that added height on the back of the gun....
    As with most things CCW, it's going to be based on individual body types, gear, and carry practices. I can tell you that I slipped it in a "not really designed for AIWB" kydex holster they had and it worked fine for me. I'd imagine my Eidolon or a JM Claw 2.0/5 would yield similar results for me personally.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigfan26 View Post
    According to Aimpoint and Trijicon literature, the window on the ACRO is 16mmX16mm. The RMR is 16mmX22mm. Are you sure the Aimpoint was bigger?
    I'm quite positive. I've mounted RMR's on two Glocks in the last seven years. This is clearly bigger, but not ungainly like a T-2. One of the Reps I was talking with today had a picture of a MOS mounted RMR laid overtop of an MOS mounted ACRO. I'll stop by the both again tomorrow and see if he'll share it with me.

I’m liking it. I’m also noticing how much lower this would likely mount if it were direct milled instead of MOS - I’m guessing at least half of the MOS plate thickness lower if not more.
    I was thinking the same thing. If (when) I do one, it will be a direct milled 19.5 with suppressor sight in front of the ACRO. I've been waiting for this optic for just that purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Will the G17 with ACCRO fit the holster in the background?
    I'm not sure, as I didn't pay close attention to that specific Safariland holster. I'll check tomorrow and let you know.

From my fondling session today. I couldn't capture the dot in focus under the lighting conditions, but here is a shot of the window. This pic makes the dot look like a 6.5moa RMR, but I assure you it looks more like a standard T-2. It's the jam.

Any updated Aimpoint Acro P-1 Release?

Quote Originally Posted by StraitR View Post
    As with most things CCW, it's going to be based on individual body types, gear, and carry practices. I can tell you that I slipped it in a "not really designed for AIWB" kydex holster they had and it worked fine for me. I'd imagine my Eidolon or a JM Claw 2.0/5 would yield similar results for me personally.

I'm quite positive. I've mounted RMR's on two Glocks in the last seven years. This is clearly bigger, but not ungainly like a T-2. One of the Reps I was talking with today had a picture of a MOS mounted RMR laid overtop of an MOS mounted ACRO. I'll stop by the both again tomorrow and see if he'll share it with me.

I was thinking the same thing. If (when) I do one, it will be a direct milled 19.5 with suppressor sight in front of the ACRO. I've been waiting for this optic for just that purpose.

I'm not sure, as I didn't pay close attention to that specific Safariland holster. I'll check tomorrow and let you know.

From my fondling session today. I couldn't capture the dot in focus under the lighting conditions, but here is a shot of the window. This pic makes the dot look like a 6.5moa RMR, but I assure you it looks more like a standard T-2. It's the jam.

They should update the specs if the window is bigger than the RMR. I am also talking about the viewing area glass, not just the exterior housing glass.

Last edited by Sigfan26; 11-14-2018 at 09:15 PM.

While I don't have an ACRO, I do have one of the Safariland optics holsters I use with a Deltapoint Pro'ed Glock 17. I don't see how an ACRO could fit in the holster as is, because the flip cover for the optic is slanted on the back. That works fine for an RMR or Deltapoint that's only tall on the front part of the optic, but an ACRO that's the same height down its whole length wouldn't appear to fit. If you removed the flip cover then it might work, assuming the SLS hood could clear the ACRO, which would be a tight fit. If it fit under the SLS hood, then it should be fairly simple for Safariland to make a new optic hood that could cover the ACRO. If an ACRO wouldn't fit under the SLS hood on the current version of the holster, then it would obviously be more work for Safariland to make a modified holster with a slightly relocated hood, but I don't see anything technical that would prevent it from working.

User Tag List