Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 14” Pump Firearm - Brace or keep Raptor Grip?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    Awesome! If I ever buy one of these non-shotguns, it will mainly be because of you.

What is that music playing in the background?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Wow, must be a pretty rough bunch in that cul-de-sac!
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by nalesq View Post
    Awesome! If I ever buy one of these non-shotguns, it will mainly be because of you.

What is that music playing in the background?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    I was up north in VT and that station was the only one available. I'm not sure, it's just classical, which I like but can't tell the difference between songs.

The guns really are handy but do need practice.

I was up north in VT and that station was the only one available. I'm not sure, it's just classical, which I like but can't tell the difference between songs.

The guns really are handy but do need practice.
    Thanks for the video and your input. I have the brace on it now but seriously considering going back to the Raptor. The bead is easier than get hits with using the brace, but I’m ordering a DEA sighted barrel soon.

Quote Originally Posted by ragnar_d View Post
    I'm looking to do the same. Honestly might get two, one to keep as is, one to Form 1 and (possibly) send to Vang.
    This might be the best of both worlds! The price is really reasonable if you catch them on a sale.

Quote Originally Posted by Norville View Post
    Thanks for the video and your input. I have the brace on it now but seriously considering going back to the Raptor. The bead is easier than get hits with using the brace, but I’m ordering a DEA sighted barrel soon.

This might be the best of both worlds! The price is really reasonable if you catch them on a sale.
    That is one of the benefits of the brace. It allows a consistent cheek weld that allows your face to stay low and seems to allow poa/poi.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Norville View Post
    Yup. My only thing is Mossberg or Remington. Since I already have 2 Mossberg 500s then my decision may have already been made.

Sent from my fruit based pocket computer using Tapatalk

Disclaimer: I work in the firearms industry as a designer and engineer. My posts do not represent the opinions or positions of my employers, past or present.
    "If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur."
    Disclaimer: I have previously worked in the firearms industry as an engineer. Thoughts and opinions expressed here are mine alone and not those of my prior employers.

Quote Originally Posted by ragnar_d View Post
    I'm looking to do the same. Honestly might get two, one to keep as is, one to Form 1 and (possibly) send to Vang.
    ^Agree - I was looking to get the wooden "night stick" to leave as it and a normal black one to Form 1 (the Magpul SGA is a phenomenal stock IMO) - OR, 2 night sticks and get the youth Bantam wood stock -

I'm more of a Mossberg guy so more likely to get Shockwaves, if I was going to do a pistol grip, the Tac14 would be a great choice -

Quote Originally Posted by ricky_bobby View Post
    I'm more of a Mossberg guy so more likely to get Shockwaves, if I was going to do a pistol grip, the Tac14 would be a great choice -
    Yea, anything traditional pistol grip... you pretty much lose the Mossberg safety. Regular shotgun stocks, Magpul, and Raptor... you are good.

I had a Hogue Tamer grip on my 500 JIC2... and while it was similar to my TAC-14 (little longer), it wasn’t my cup of tea. Tried the KSG after that... and too different set of controls. TAC-14 was the sweet spot.

I thought about this a couple days ago as I listened to the ATF chief counsel and the ATF director talk about how these were impossible to run, only good for criminals, etc. I almost played them this video.

Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post
    I thought about this a couple days ago as I listened to the ATF chief counsel and the ATF director talk about how these were impossible to run, only good for criminals, etc. I almost played them this video.
    Hmm

User Tag List