Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Youth Rimfire Input Requested

I see both sides of the airgun thing. For me, an airgun was always disappointing in a few regards:

1. Difficult to operate solo: either the spring was too string for me to cock by myself (my son can't cock his Daisy solo), or I couldn't "pump up" my Crossman 760 more than 2 or 3.
    2. Inaccurate
    3. Ineffective on game.

Yesterday I ordered the Savage Rascal. I like it because it's truly small-scaled (like the Crickett/Chipmunk), but with some key differentiating features:

1. Accu-trigger. A 7lb trigger on a small light gun for small fingers is not conducive to learning good accuracy.
    2. Cocks on bolt cycle. Again with the ability to self-operate. I read numerous reports of kids not being able to pull the cocking pin on most traditional single-shot .22's
    3. Useable Lever Safety.
    4. Sights seem decent from pics and reviews.
    Food Court Apprentice
    Semper Paratus certified AR15 armorer

My daughter is 8 and showing that she is ready to progress into firearm safety. Looking ahead I am leaning towards a Ruger Charger with Copper Custom adapter and SBA3 brace withba RDS on top.
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

User Tag List