Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122

Thread: Ruth bader Ginsburg Falls & Breaks Ribs

Quote Originally Posted by DMF13 View Post
    Curious that your source is PP, and they don't publish stats on abortions. Further it would be interesting to a breakdown of what portion of their budget is spent on abortions, as a surgical procedure will likely cost much more an STD test, breast exam, etc.
    It was just the quickest thing I could easily find. I have no reason to doubt their stats on services provided, but if you or anyone else can demonstrate that they're not correct, I'm happy to see the numbers you find.

I also found it curious that they gave stats on so many other things, but not the number of abortions performed.

All of that said, I'm not trying to demonstrate that they're somehow perfect as an organization, or that they don't perform abortions; obviously they're not perfect and they do perform abortions. However, it's pretty clear that those who claim that abortions are all PP does (or even a large percentage of what it does) are either misinformed or being deliberately untruthful.

Quote Originally Posted by olstyn View Post
    It was just the quickest thing I could easily find. I have no reason to doubt their stats on services provided, but if you or anyone else can demonstrate that they're not correct, I'm happy to see the numbers you find.
    I am not the one who made the emphatic declaration that abortions are a, "TINY fraction," or "practically ALL," of what PP does. That was you and delphidoc.
    However am I am skeptical.about both of those claims. I think the people who are making those claims should be able to back them up with legitimate data, which doesn't seem to be something you can do, as PP hasn't published the data, at least in any easily found and verified format. Also, delphidoc has been silent so far on backing up his claim.

I also found it curious that they gave stats on so many other things, but not the number of abortions performed.
    Lack of information on total procedures is curious, but more importantly how much of their total budget is dedicated to it, would go along way to establishing whether you, delphidoc, or something in between us true.

However, it's pretty clear that those who claim that abortions are all PP does (or even a large percentage of what it does) are either misinformed or being deliberately untruthful.
    Again you're making that claim, but by your own admission you don't really have the information to back that up.

Quote Originally Posted by olstyn View Post
    I couldn't easily find numbers for how many abortions Planned Parenthood did, but their annual report does provide numbers on a bunch of other services they've provided:

https://www.plannedparenthood.org/ab.../annual-report

The high points: ~5 million STI tests performed, ~240K diagnosed/treated, ~500K breast exams & pap smears provided, lots of contraception education and services provided, etc.

Compare to the numbers wikipedia lists from the CDC on total abortions performed in the USA on a yearly basis and it's easy to see that even if Planned Parenthood provided all of the abortions in the country (clearly they do not), abortions would be very, very far from delphidoc's plainly ridiculous statement that it's "practically ALL they do."
    I am surprised they don't mention being the largest supplier of fetal stem cells and fetal tissue.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4JZqpHubKA
    Wolves don't kill the unlucky deer.

Quote Originally Posted by DMF13 View Post
    I am not the one who made the emphatic declaration that abortions are a, "TINY fraction," or "practically ALL," of what PP does. That was you and delphidoc.
    However am I am skeptical.about both of those claims. I think the people who are making those claims should be able to back them up with legitimate data, which doesn't seem to be something you can do, as PP hasn't published the data, at least in any easily found and verified format. Also, delphidoc has been silent so far on backing up his claim.
    I will grant that "TINY fraction" was probably taking it too far, but I think I've pretty clearly refuted delphidoc's claim that abortions are practically all of what PP does.

RGB Dead at 87

https://www.yahoo.com/news/justice-r...234042604.html

Godspeed, ma'am.

Sorry you had to get caught up in all of this bullshit.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

User Tag List