Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Ruth bader Ginsburg Falls & Breaks Ribs

On a human level, I know that I would prefer to spend my last years in peace and with family, rather than grinding out at work, so I find the Notorious RBG’s last years to be a sad thing.

On the other hand, she could have retired during the Obama presidency if there were concerns about the ideological composition of the Supreme Court. By holding out for a Clinton victory that failed to materialize, she and her advisors condemned herself to an attempt to last out Trump. Maybe she can, but maybe she can’t, and maybe he gets re-elected and she can’t, and she’s compelled to keep herself employed while in her 80s with multiple broken bones to support political partisanship.

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    A lot of folks were encouraging her to retire during Obama's presidency so that he could appoint her replacement and she declined to do so. I wonder how history is going to view that decision....
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

We've failed as a society, if there are people who genuinely believe that we can (or would need) to transplant ribs from one human to another.

I assume #RibsforRuth is really about sending RBG BBQ ribs to help with her recovery.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    I assume #RibsforRuth is really about sending RBG BBQ ribs to help with her recovery.
    What?!? Do they want to give her a coronary on top of the broken ribs?!? That's just cruel.

Mmmmm... bbq ribs. Now I'm hungry.
    Last edited by Guerrero; 11-08-2018 at 03:16 PM.

Thank you PF members … you have reinforced my belief that this community is comprised of good people. You're treating Justice Ginsberg as a human in pain as opposed to wishing her anything other than a quick recovery. Given all the political rancor surrounding us, it's nice to have a place where the discourse is much better than average.

Quote Originally Posted by farscott View Post
    I sure hope, that as a sitting Associate Supreme Court Justice, Justice Ginsburg is getting good medical care.
    You can rest assured that she is. I read that she beat pancreatic cancer. That cancer doesn't usually present symptoms until it's too late to survive. I have no doubt her platinum uber plan found it early in a screening that none of us would ever get.

If she ever retires I'm going to celebrate by having ribs.
    We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

Quote Originally Posted by 5pins View Post
    If she ever retires I'm going to celebrate by having ribs.
    Or maybe a nice brisket...
    There's nothing civil about this war.

real question: if she were to "retire" before the new senate is seated, would President Trump want to try and push through a new nominee now, or after the new senate?
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

Site Supporter
    January. The Republican margin will be bigger then, and there probably isn't time to do it before then.

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

User Tag List