Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1119202122 LastLast

Thread: Ruth bader Ginsburg Falls & Breaks Ribs

Quote Originally Posted by olstyn View Post
    Providing care services (abortions are a TINY fraction of what Planned Parenthood does) at reduced or no cost to lower income people sure is an evil thing to do. I know people who have used those services, and none of them have had abortions. Normal gynecological care, yes, but not abortions
    This is also disingenuous. I used to donate to Planned Parenthood back when I thought pro-choice was about individual liberty, i.e., no search warrants for a free woman's uterus.

They are an abortion provider. That is why they exist and their other services are ancillary. The 'we provide so many other services' schtick is a ploy to get around funding restrictions. All of the other services they provide are available to low income women nationwide through other providers at the same cost. They don't do a particularly good job of providing women's health services in a lot of areas either, which was the original reason I stopped donating to them. If they want to claim that abortions are just a small part of their extensive women's health services then they need to audit and review those services. Planned Parenthood care sucks.

I have a hard time characterizing an organization that commits infanticide as a "women's health provider". And I don't give a shit if that is inflammatory or if I am conflating.
    Wolves don't kill the unlucky deer.

Site Supporter
    Murder and abortion are two different words with very different meanings.
    Not if you believe that life begins at conception.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Slow down there. There is no such thing as an "abortion movement," at least not in the way that your intentionally inflammatory language implies. Pro choice does not mean "kill as many babies as possible," and never has, except in the over-vivid imaginations of the extreme religious right.

Murder and abortion are two different words with very different meanings.
    I don't believe I'm part of the "extreme religious right", but I am ardently pro-life. The philosophical reasoning is that once conception has occurred, that zygote cannot become anything but a human being. To terminate the pregnancy; you must kill a human being.

Abortion these days is not all poor teenagers. You might start with reading articles about selective reduction and why that is done.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Sorry folks, this isn’t the right forum for the discussion. I don’t think I erred in posting rbg’s roe quote, but I shouldn’t have engaged in the following discussion.
    Ignore Alien Orders

abortions are a TINY fraction of what Planned Parenthood does
    Quote Originally Posted by delphidoc View Post
    BULLSHIT. That's practically ALL they do.
    Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    Let’s see some numbers.
    To be fair both olstyn and delphidoc should back up their claims with data from legitimate sources.

Let's also have have some links to those sources, so we can avoid quoting out of context like the earlier quote from Justice Ginsburg.

Quote Originally Posted by DMF13 View Post
    To be fair both olstyn and delphidoc should back up their claims with data from legitimate sources.

Let's also have have some links to those sources, so we can avoid quoting out of context like the earlier quote from Justice Ginsburg.
    I couldn't easily find numbers for how many abortions Planned Parenthood did, but their annual report does provide numbers on a bunch of other services they've provided:

https://www.plannedparenthood.org/ab.../annual-report

The high points: ~5 million STI tests performed, ~240K diagnosed/treated, ~500K breast exams & pap smears provided, lots of contraception education and services provided, etc.

Compare to the numbers wikipedia lists from the CDC on total abortions performed in the USA on a yearly basis and it's easy to see that even if Planned Parenthood provided all of the abortions in the country (clearly they do not), abortions would be very, very far from delphidoc's plainly ridiculous statement that it's "practically ALL they do."

There are Planned Parenthood centers that offer services but NOT abortion services, medical or in-clinic.

We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

I couldn't easily find numbers for how many abortions Planned Parenthood did, but their annual report does provide numbers on a bunch of other services they've provided:

https://www.plannedparenthood.org/ab.../annual-report

The high points: ~5 million STI tests performed, ~240K diagnosed/treated, ~500K breast exams & pap smears provided, lots of contraception education and services provided, etc.

Compare to the numbers wikipedia lists from the CDC on total abortions performed in the USA on a yearly basis and it's easy to see that even if Planned Parenthood provided all of the abortions in the country (clearly they do not), abortions would be very, very far from delphidoc's plainly ridiculous statement that it's "practically ALL they do."
    Curious that your source is PP, and they don't publish stats on abortions. Further it would be interesting to a breakdown of what portion of their budget is spent on abortions, as a surgical procedure will likely cost much more an STD test, breast exam, etc.

User Tag List