Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Ruth bader Ginsburg Falls & Breaks Ribs

Site Supporter
    Alright lawyers, let's have a show of hands?

Who all has had judges fall asleep during court?

I have many different times.
    Both young and old judges.
    Both during boring and interesting cases.
    I used to speak more loudly if I noticed.
    One guy I knew stopped speaking altogether, and everyone just looked at the judge.

Not a lawyer but I've seen it at many a trial I presented via the U.S. Attorney's office. Not saying it was the norm...but it wasn't entirely rare either.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Quote Originally Posted by Duelist View Post
    Really?

87 year old associate justice of the United States Supreme Court. There's a movie about her and everything.
    Guess I needed a sarcasm emoji.

Quote Originally Posted by wrmettler View Post
    One guy I knew stopped speaking altogether, and everyone just looked at the judge.
    Bet he didn't win his share of motions afterwards

This election just got more interesting.

Ruth Bader Ginsburg admitted to hospital for ‘treatment of a possible infection,’ Supreme Court says

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/rut...eme-court-says

Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg was admitted to a hospital in Baltimore on Tuesday “for treatment of a possible infection,” the court said in a statement.

“She underwent an endoscopic procedure at Johns Hopkins this afternoon to clean out a bile duct stent that was placed last August," the statement said. "The justice is resting comfortably and will stay in the hospital for a few days to receive intravenous antibiotic treatment.”
    We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

Site Supporter
    I wouldn't look too deeply into it. I'm fairly certain Ginsburg will live to have her consciousness uploaded into a computer and continue to serve as a SCOTUS justice into perpetuity.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 5pins View Post
    This election just got more interesting.

Ruth Bader Ginsburg admitted to hospital for ‘treatment of a possible infection,’ Supreme Court says

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/rut...eme-court-says

I don't think we're getting the whole story on RBG. She has a history of pancreatic cancer. Within the past year she underwent an ERCP to place a stent in her common bile duct (CBD) for a "gallstone." If her CBD was obstructed by a stone, sure you might do a pre-op ERCP with stent placement. Then you go take out her gallbladder once she's appropriate for a lap chole, and later do a follow-up ERCP to remove the original stent. If she's too frail to have a laparoscopic cholecystectomy then in my book she's too frail to be on the bench.

If there's a mass in the head of her pancreas then you leave the stent in so she doesn't get a CBD obstruction that can lead to jaundice and liver failure. RGB was hospitalized with fever and chills, consistent with cholangitis (bile duct infection, typically caused by obstruction). She underwent an ERCP during this hospitalization so they could monkey around with her stent that was placed months ago. That doesn't sound like a gallbladder issue to me.
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. It has to be fought for and defended by each generation." - Ronald Reagan

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by delphidoc View Post
    I don't think we're getting the whole story on RBG. She has a history of pancreatic cancer. Within the past year she underwent an ERCP to place a stent in her common bile duct (CBD) for a "gallstone." If her CBD was obstructed by a stone, sure you might do a pre-op ERCP with stent placement. Then you go take out her gallbladder once she's appropriate for a lap chole, and later do a follow-up ERCP to remove the original stent. If she's too frail to have a laparoscopic cholecystectomy then in my book she's too frail to be on the bench.

If there's a mass in the head of her pancreas then you leave the stent in so she doesn't get a CBD obstruction that can lead to jaundice and liver failure. RGB was hospitalized with fever and chills, consistent with cholangitis (bile duct infection, typically caused by obstruction). She underwent an ERCP during this hospitalization so they could monkey around with her stent that was placed months ago. That doesn't sound like a gallbladder issue to me.
    Doesn't she have like four primary cancers? And now she is in the SICU getting incentive spirometry? Isn't there a word for this kind of patient I learned in the House of God?

edit: oh, the rib Fxs in the OP are old. $10 on urosepsis!

I suspect peritonitis or perhaps an abscess? With four cancers and an infection, she is at high risk for a thromboembolic event. Best of luck to her physicians. The pressure of caring for such an elderly patient with so many problems and so much political/celebrity baggage gotta be immense.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    ? Isn't there a word for this kind of patient I learned in the House of God?
    GoMER, in this case, would be GoMOR.
    Ignore Alien Orders

User Tag List