Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: 10-Round 9mm Pistol

For 10rd or less, you want to make sure each round counts. HK45C with either 8rd or 10rd mags would be another option. It’s deadly reliable, and as light as a G19. If you don’t like the standard DA/SA trigger, or you don’t want to carry in condition 0, you can convert it to LEM or 8 other variations.

If you don't even know what the details of the law will be and whether permanently limited mags will be legal, I'd just buy some of these before you go chopping up a perfectly good gun:

Magazine Blocks

Fuck ton cheaper, easier to reload, keeps a regular sized grip, and you don't have to buy a bunch of new mags (so it's even cheaper yet).
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Any interest in a TLR6 equipped G26? Unless you are in the same situation as Doc and had invested the money in having slides milled for RMRs, I'm not sure I'd irreparably modifying the frames. Or I might see if one of the 80% frame vendors offered a G26L/G26XL configuration so that you could still use your G19 or G17 slides on a purpose built smaller frame.

Wasn't the new Magpul 10-round Glock mag supposed to have worked out the kinks?

Other than a brief stint in the early 2000s, I've had to endure 10-round mags my whole shooting life. In my experience, 10-round Sig mags work (both P-series and 320), M&P mags work, Beretta mags work and Browning HP mags work.

Quote Originally Posted by MK11 View Post
    Wasn't the new Magpul 10-round Glock mag supposed to have worked out the kinks?

Other than a brief stint in the early 2000s, I've had to endure 10-round mags my whole shooting life. In my experience, 10-round Sig mags work (both P-series and 320), M&P mags work, Beretta mags work and Browning HP mags work.
    Basically everybody's works besides Glocks. There's no kinks to be worked out with a 10 round mag simply for being a 10 round mag.

It's nothing to do with them being 10 round mags, it's simply that Glock chose to redesign the mag and made it a poorly executed single stack mag whereas everyone else just took their standard mag and reduces capacity by blocking it, usually be an extended baseplate that takes up a portion of the mag body....including Magpul.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

The original M&P9c works great with 10 rd mags; for that matter the M&P9 has usable 10 rd mags, and the M&P45 has native 10 rd mags that work nicely. In addition to a cut G19, the G26 also works well. A reliable 9 mm 1911 is also an option, as ToddG proved in his testing....
    Last edited by DocGKR; 11-08-2018 at 03:43 PM.
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

Thanks to all who replied.
    • Whatever I choose will be my carry/nightstand gun, not a 10-round variant of something bigger.
    • I’ll probably stay with 9mm after too many years of magnum revolvers.
    • I have decades on K-frames and the 1911, so they’re always in the running.
    • I like HK because they make good 10-round mags for everything. Model is undecided.
    • TLR6 could make the G26 a contender if mags didn’t still hang up on my hand.
    • I’ll check out the M&P Compact.

Thanks again.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by obremski View Post
    Hrm, it might be a silly question, but are you married to 9mm?

If you're heading towards a magazine ban, I'd probably consider switching that has a built in capacity handicap because...why not? 9mm's big draw is you get much bullets, many ammos. If you're limited on that front, may as well switch to something that isn't as technologically dependent with regards to bullet construction (in my opinion).

40 S&W 10 round mags for the VP40 are out there. Same for Glock 22/35 mags. I don't know if Glock's 10 round mag issues extend to the 40s.. though hmm I'm struggling to come up with other 40 striker guns; S&W M&P? What else is out there that's striker fired and has a good reputation?

Plenty of options in the 10 round 45acp market as well, though I don't know how many are striker guns (PPQ? Glock? S&W?)
    While bullets are opportunities in a fight, speed and logistics also favor the 9mm. 9mm is easier to shoot well and skilled shooters can make effective hits quicker, particularly on multiple targets that with bigger calibers. 9mm is also cheaper, which allows you to shoot more. Given shot placement is a greater factor than caliber or bullet performance this is both an logistical and fight advantage.

Quote Originally Posted by okie john View Post
    • Whatever I choose will be my carry/nightstand gun, not a 10-round variant of something bigger.
    • I like HK because they make good 10-round mags for everything. Model is undecided.

Thanks again.

Okie John
    Honestly, there’s so many good options out there right now, I’d just pick one that you liked the best for whatever reason and just run with it. All are going to have pros and cons and idiosyncrasies of some sort.

It really is a shame that Glock can’t be bothered to fix their own 10-round OEM magazines.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by okie john View Post

Thanks again.

Okie John
    If you like Glock, I’d strongly consider the G30, with non +P ammo. They are surprisingly soft shooting, nothing near a magnum revolver. I’d at least try and give one a try if you can.

I feel the same way about the 10 Glock mags (of which I have several). If you want a 9mm, G19 size, a P2000 LEM would be my recommendation.

User Tag List