Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: 10-Round 9mm Pistol

I've had good luck with the Glock 10 round magazines and adding the #3 follower to them. Specifically with gen 5 magazines. I've run 147 hsts through them without issue. I know others have said they do not run and I'm not discrediting them. CT allows "registered high caps prior to 4-2013 to be loaded to 10 and carried that way. It's my solution for the time being. I'm trying at all costs to avoid a platform switch.

Following with interest.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

ETA this is with a Glock 19. My other option if it comes to it is learning to shoot a 26 well....

Edit again....I believe @PensFan has had good luck with a similar fix.
    Last edited by Larry Sellers; 11-08-2018 at 01:00 PM.
    Look! Just because we're bereaved, that doesn't make us saps!

I think at some point we all have years, if not decades of training on one platform, have armorer's courses, and tons of spare parts saved for Armageddon. Then something changes, and we switch to something else that meets our dynamic needs. I've done such a switch 4 times in the last 20 years as my situation has changed. Be careful not to let nostalgia, or superficial attachment effect what could potentially be the best tool for your current or future needs. Sometimes it takes kicking and screaming to try out a different platform that you previously thumbed your nose at based on interweb 3rd party reputation, only to find out you actually like the gun better.
    Last edited by Galbraith; 11-08-2018 at 01:13 PM.

Pragmatic Suggestion? Glock surgery to take G26 mags. The Magpul 10-rounders are probably the most reliable, but some of the reported wonkiness gives me a little pause. I’ve never personally had issues with the two that I’ve put close to 3 cases worth of ammo through.

Backup Suggestion? CZ P-10c. Why? Reliable 10 round magazines that will fit in the newly release P-10F and P-10S as well as the P-10C. Want to get TDA curious? Easy switch to P-07/P-09 as they take the exact same magazines. They’re all priced reasonably well to boot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It seems that everyone but Glock makes 10 rd mags for all size guns that work. I’m in a similar boat with RI’s re-election of a liberal Dem Gov who has publicly said she will push for more gun control, including a high capacity mag ban.

I’m back to shooting and carrying mostly Berettas now, and the 10 mags run in my 92C and 92BT. My next purchase is a PX4CC. My SIGs have run 10 rd mags without issue also. Since I commute to a ban State (MA) for work daily, and am also in CT often, reliable 10 rd mags were important to me. I’ve carried a G26 a good bit but don’t shoot it near as well as the larger versions.

It “seems” that only Glock has this problem. I’d imagine that anything else you selected (other than a 9mm 1911) will be a non-issue.

Quote Originally Posted by theJanitor View Post
    Just last night, I got my sights settled on a target. Carry size, 9mm, 1911. Now to pull the trigger....
    A couple years ago I had Dan Wesson build me a CCO in 9mm. It was probably the perfect carry gun, never should have sold it.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Sellers View Post
    I've had good luck with the Glock 10 round magazines and adding the #3 follower to them. Specifically with gen 5 magazines.

I believe @PensFan has had good luck with a similar fix.
    Do either of you know the Glock part number?

Hrm, it might be a silly question, but are you married to 9mm?

If you're heading towards a magazine ban, I'd probably consider switching that has a built in capacity handicap because...why not? 9mm's big draw is you get much bullets, many ammos. If you're limited on that front, may as well switch to something that isn't as technologically dependent with regards to bullet construction (in my opinion).

40 S&W 10 round mags for the VP40 are out there. Same for Glock 22/35 mags. I don't know if Glock's 10 round mag issues extend to the 40s.. though hmm I'm struggling to come up with other 40 striker guns; S&W M&P? What else is out there that's striker fired and has a good reputation?

Plenty of options in the 10 round 45acp market as well, though I don't know how many are striker guns (PPQ? Glock? S&W?)

Site Supporter
    If I were in your shoes, Plan A would be to stay with Glocks and chop the 19's frame as in the photo.

Plan B...hard to say. The Walther P99C has already been mentioned, and mine is 100% reliable with the factory ten-round mags and with the pinky rest base plate fits my average-for-a-6'1"-guy hands. It's also stupid accurate. Don't know if you'd like the TDA/long first round trigger or the decocker or the paddle mag release, though.

Solutions I have in the safe: 10 round Beretta mags and .45 1911s.

Solutions I would consider based on DocGKR's thread and others: .45 M&P or 9mm 1911.

ETA: It wouldn't bother me to go back to a K/L frame either.
    Last edited by Hambo; 11-08-2018 at 02:40 PM.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Quote Originally Posted by STI View Post
    Do either of you know the Glock part number?

SP01812-3

is the part number that I have used in the past to order them
    Added a photo of what it looks like in the magazine. Not the gospel but it's worked for my purposes. I've only run carry ammunition through the magazines as that's their only intended purpose.
    Last edited by Larry Sellers; 11-08-2018 at 03:22 PM.
    Look! Just because we're bereaved, that doesn't make us saps!

User Tag List