Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: 10-Round 9mm Pistol

In 2016 I was expecting Hillary to win, and prepping for an eventual a permanent national ban that limited us to 10 rounds. I decided my strategy was USP/c and P2000 LEM guns as my future, for the reasons cited here.

Also as part of the ongoing precautions, I got the 10 round magpul versions to work in my gen 4 & 5 G17 and G19 since then, but I cannot say I have really stress tested those magpuls with the Glocks.

What about the Beretta APX? They make 10rd mags for all sizes. Have problems been reported or is it still too new as a gun?

Despite what I said about commonality, when I think of Glock it is 9mm, and hard for me to think of .40/45 without it being HK.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Despite what I said about commonality, when I think of Glock it is 9mm, and hard for me to think of .40/45 without it being HK.
    Because I'm heavily invested in multiple Glock 19s as EDC/House Guns/ETC with attendant muscle memory, spare parts and etc, I've been trying to hammer the Glock 20 into the "Field Pistol" role for a long time, when perhaps a HK would have been a better choice.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Okie John,

It seems to me you pretty much covered the bases in your post without missing much. It appears you might not be included to move to 40 or 45acp.

I march to the beat of a different drummer and shoot a striker fired Sig. I never got into Glocks because I didn't like their finger grooves. Started shooting pistols late in life and I was told to shoot with a striker fire handgun because it would take me twice as long to shoot half as well with a DA/DS pistol. My edc is the Sig P320 compact/subcompact 9mm with 10rd mags (my state had a 7rd magazine restriction [7rd limitation is still on the books in the state penal law!!!] nevertheless that law was declared unconstitutional the the US Circuit Court in 2015) . One of my Glock fanboy buddies, who has often shot the P320, said the P320 shoots nearly as well as his G19 and G17. Rent the P320 along with the recommended H&Ks, Cz and Walthers, shoot them all and then and only then will you know which 9mm handgun will work for you.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by Lester Polfus View Post
    Because I'm heavily invested in multiple Glock 19s as EDC/House Guns/ETC with attendant muscle memory, spare parts and etc, I've been trying to hammer the Glock 20 into the "Field Pistol" role for a long time, when perhaps a HK would have been a better choice.
    For me, the G20 and G21 feel like trying to hang onto a 2x4. The USP .45 full size feels like the shape of my hand.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    For me, the G20 and G21 feel like trying to hang onto a 2x4. The USP .45 full size feels like the shape of my hand.
    I've got pretty big hands, so I can run that frame size pretty well. It's the lack of appropriate ammo that will actually run in the guns that give me fits.

On another note, much like my experiences with on-line dating, the Glock 26 was one of those things that looked great on paper but just didn't work for me in real life. My hand size and the grip size do not work well together.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Quote Originally Posted by Lost River View Post
    If I was an outdoorsman/hunter and lived in a 10 round only Communist controlled state, a G30S as an all around CCW, outdoors handgun would make a lot of sense.
    Yep. I may go this route. Going to hold off for a while on making the purchase, though.

Thanks,

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Quote Originally Posted by STI View Post
    Why are we not focusing on getting a reliable solution developed for the 10rd G19 and G17 mags, instead of buying multiples of new pistols and mags and getting into a new system?
    I don't see why people are so anxious to comply with laws that are not even passed yet.

Just get rid of all the guns now for when they ban 'em outright. They're not going to be any happier about your 10 rounds than they are about the 15 you're carrying now.

I’m not sure if this is worthy of a separate new thread, but who has experience with using epoxy or otherwise to adhere one of those magazines blocks in a regular capacity Glock 17 or 19 magazine?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

User Tag List