Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Training question(s) for arm/hand stamina and strength.

Quote Originally Posted by HIPCHIP View Post
    If I have to run & gun I may be in trouble. Just trying to get ideas that I might not have thought of.
    Let the Match Director know what you are up against. You can walk and gun with no problem. If there is an unusual position that you can't get in to, usually you can agree to do something else and take a penalty. Talk to the MD. If it's a good place to shoot, they will accommodate you.

I'm 73 and still having fun shooting. My body isn't in too bad a shape for my age. I tell people it's because, as a youth, I didn't play football, race motorcycles or jump out of airplanes.
    Last edited by BN; 11-08-2018 at 06:02 PM.

I am also 73.
    It is more like "shamble and gun" but I am still having fun at IDPA, USPSA, and SC.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Nesbitt View Post
    Let the Match Director know what you are up against. You can walk and gun with no problem. If there is an unusual position that you can't get in to, usually you can agree to do something else and take a penalty. Talk to the MD. If it's a good place to shoot, they will accommodate you.

I'm 73 and still having fun shooting. My body isn't in too bad a shape for my age. I tell people it's because, as a youth, I didn't play football, race motorcycles or jump out of airplanes.
    Well, the guy who runs the meets said I probably would have problems doing the shoot with my bad back, so my local range and MD may not be too accommodating! I hope to go check out a match this Sunday so maybe they'll let me try just running a stage to see how my back reacts. If I'm not shooting, and everybody is done, shouldn't take too long to just do a quick run-through. I WILL FIND SOMETHING that this old beat up body can still do. As the old saying goes, "What I used to do all day, now takes me all day to do!"

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Watson View Post
    I am also 73.
    It is more like "shamble and gun" but I am still having fun at IDPA, USPSA, and SC.
    When I was 50 my doctor told me I have the back of an 82 year old. Now that I'm 62 I guess I have the back of a 102 year old! OY! (LOL)

User Tag List