Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Pistol from Ed Brown

New Pistol from Ed Brown

Looks interesting and the price is certainly not as steep as I would have expected. Not certain why they chose the SS frame vs. an aluminum, as the pistol is still not exactly a featherweight.

https://www.edbrown.com/evo/?utm_sou...gn=20181107_m1

Quote Originally Posted by 1911Nut View Post
    Looks interesting and the price is certainly not as steep as I would have expected. Not certain why they chose the SS frame vs. an aluminum, as the pistol is still not exactly a featherweight.

Gorgeous pistol but with 7 or 8k rounds of my own through my previously owned aluminum frame STI Duty One 9mm I'm sold on the lightweight frame for anything short of a full size .45. If it runs like I bet it will I think the new STI Staccato C will be the practical "1911" to beat for carry.
    Last edited by ChaseN; 11-07-2018 at 07:05 PM.

Admittedly, the price point is very attractive. Still, it’s a 9mm in a .45 frame, which logistically makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by 1911Nut View Post

I am guessing you will see aluminum alloy frame versions if the product sells well enough. The EB way is to build a pistol, get feedback on "I want this", and charge a premium for a small run of pistols with the "I want this" feature set.

Those grips look really cool. EB guns are way out of my price range but that is a nice looking 1911.

Jesus paid a debt he did not owe,
    Because I owed a debt I could not pay.

Site Supporter
    That gun is a couple ounces lighter than a typical steel Commander, some of which comes from the slightly shorter slide.

Interesting that they went with an external extractor. Is that a trend with these smaller 1911s now?

Quote Originally Posted by Robinson View Post
    That gun is a couple ounces lighter than a typical steel Commander, some of which comes from the slightly shorter slide.

Interesting that they went with an external extractor. Is that a trend with these smaller 1911s now?
    It’s probably a cost saving measure and also easier to make reliable than fitting and tuning an internal solution.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like the looks of that G4 a lot.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by spinmove_ View Post
    It’s probably a cost saving measure and also easier to make reliable than fitting and tuning an internal solution.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yep, understood -- I was just wondering if it is becoming more accepted and may start to be more of a trend with these smaller footprint 9mm guns. I think the WC EDC X9 has an external extractor as well.

If you’ve ever tried to remove an internal extractor from a 9mm 1911, you’ll understand that maybe they’re not ideal.

User Tag List