Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: ELECTION RESULTS

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Right?

I hope this is a warning to Republicans in Texas, it's not a foregone conclusion that Rs will always win in Texas. Cruz is lucky he managed to win all of the counties surrounding Bexar, Dallas, and Harris counties or we'd be looking at a new senator tomorrow morning. Realistically, Beto needed only to get one other major county surrounding each of the major population centers (like Colin, Montgomery, and Comal) to win it. Cruz is pretty lucky he kept it close in Tarrant county.

This is an ugly result. But not surprising, Cruz is a weak incumbent, doesn't poll well, and frankly didn't try that hard to win this one.
    Cruz is a weak incumbent p, in part because he was focused on his presidential run for a significant portion of his term and partly because he is just creepy and non charismatic.

That said, the out of state money and celebrities supporting Beto was pretty disgusting too, GA is experiencing the same thing is support of gubernatorial candidate Abrahams. She is a vile piece of work.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by einherjarvalk View Post
    Didn't stop the fudds from freaking out in 2012 and clearing out every shelf in America when the GOP controlled the House but not the Senate.
    Good thing I have more ammo than I know what to do with...

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Cruz is a weak incumbent p, in part because he was focused on his presidential run for a significant portion of his term and partly because he is just creepy and non charismatic.

That said, the out of state money and celebrities supporting Beto was pretty disgusting too, GA is experiencing the same thing is support of gubernatorial candidate Abrahams. She is a vile piece of work.
    It's disturbing that the Governor's race here in GA is as close as it is. Atlanta (and its suburbs) is the key factor of course.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    This is an ugly result. But not surprising, Cruz is a weak incumbent, doesn't poll well, and frankly didn't try that hard to win this one.
    Betto had a huge amount of out of state money coming in--an unprecedented amount. Betto's war chest was $70 million compared to $33 million for Ted Cruz. Betto also had a much larger grass roots number of volunteers and people who displayed signs. It seems in general people who support Democrats and people and candidates on the left tend to be more active in campaigning on the grass roots level. There were Betto signs all over the place.

There were not nearly as many Cruz signs out. Some of that may have been because of lack of grass roots efforts and some of that may have been because in this environment people may have been cautious about pro-republican signs fearing that it might lead to a brick through their window.

Also, Cruz and his team seemed to be inept at some of their campaigning. One of his mailers came in a brown envelope marked "Summons" on the front. I am sure the idiot who came up with that idea thought that would be a good way to get it to stand out from other mail. But really, it has a huge potential to piss people off who worry that it is some type of a summons when you first see it.

Site Supporter
    I wonder what things would have looked like if McCaskill, Donnelly, Bill Nelson, and Heitkamp had voted for Kavanaugh.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattve...-wipe-n2535424

Well, I awakened a bit early, and found the only local good news to be that Ted Cruz kept his Senate seat, and my state house rep won re-election, both by very slim margins. “My” new congressional rep is going to be a democrat. The democrats have just about completed their sweep of county-level government, that started in 2016. (Harris County) County Judge Ed Emmett was an especially painful loss. (In Texas, “the” County Judge leads the County Commioner’s Court.) Yes, Texas is, very much, in danger of falling to the enemy; Harris County is Texas’ most-populous county, and about the third most-populous county in the USA.
    Last edited by Rex G; 11-07-2018 at 03:28 AM.

Speaker Pelosi, how depressing. I guess her first order of business will be to requisition a personal jet, again.

Did well here in FL I think.

Gus Bilirakis, my R Rep in 12th district. won with 58%. R Rick Scott won over incumbent fossil Bill Nelson, and R Ron DeSantis squeaked past Andrew Gillum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Peally View Post
    Looks like we're going to lose an (by all direct experiences I've heard) excellent governor for an 80 year old liberal teacher twig because R = evil.

I hope this guy isn't the whiny positivity douchbag he's portrayed himself as in all his ads. He will be and we will suffer for "progress" but one can hope.
    Now I’m pissed. I’ve been planning on retiring to WI in a few years, and possibly ejecting now given the political situation here. I’m concerned WI is now off the table.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by Rex G View Post
    Well, I awakened a bit early, and found the only local good news to be that Ted Cruz kept his Senate seat, and my state house rep won re-election, both by very slim margins. “My” new congressional rep is going to be a democrat. The democrats have just about completed their sweep of county-level government, that started in 2016. (Harris County) County Judge Ed Emmett was an especially painful loss. (In Texas, “the” County Judge leads the County Commioner’s Court.) Yes, Texas is, very much, in danger of falling to the enemy; Harris County is Texas’ most-populous county, and about the third most-populous county in the USA.
    Too late to edit; I do know how to spell “Commissioner.”

I just learned that the person who “won” the job of County Judge, who leads the Commissioner’s Court, in Harris County, is woefully under-qualified. Her prior job experience: being an interpreter, in the Texas Medical Center! If we get hit by a bad hurricane, or terrorist attack, Lord, help us. The County Judge is more important, in a crisis, than the mayor of Houston, any of the elected legislators, or the governor. It is the County Judge, of Harris County, who does all the heavy lifting, and makes the mayor of Houston look good, in a crisis, such as Hurricane Ike, and Hurricane Harvey.

This is what happens when a political back-lash occurs. An under-qualified child wins one of the most important administrative/executive offices in Texas. She did not even seem to campaign; she just had to file, and ride the betocratic wave.
    Last edited by Rex G; 11-07-2018 at 08:08 AM.

User Tag List