Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: ELECTION RESULTS

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    The Texas senator race is even closer than I thought it would be.

It’s both Anti-Trump and the fact that Republicans have been lacksadaisacal in campaigning there. Look at the amount if money O’rourke raised compared to Cruz. Ridiculous.
    Ive received probably ten time more D junk in the mail than R. Multiple D's knocking on the door. Only one R and that was today an 18 year old kid.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Looks like we're going to lose an (by all direct experiences I've heard) excellent governor for an 80 year old liberal teacher twig because R = evil.

I hope this guy isn't the whiny positivity douchbag he's portrayed himself as in all his ads. He will be and we will suffer for "progress" but one can hope.
    Last edited by Peally; 11-06-2018 at 11:33 PM.
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Peally View Post
    Looks like we're going to lose an (by all direct experiences I've heard) excellent governor for an 80 year old liberal teacher twig because R = evil.

I hope this guy isn't the whiny positivity douchbag he's portrayed himself as in all his ads. He will be and we will suffer for "progress" but one can hope.
    Name:  A3FA9BE2-6D49-465A-9C34-5C3AB1CB81E3.jpg
Views: 480
Size:  38.8 KB

Site Supporter
    Cruz won over Beto in Texas.

Tennessee governor =Bill Lee GOP

U.S. Senate Marsha Blackburn GOP

State Representative William Lamberth (R-Cottontown)
    William was my next door neighbor for 8 years.
    Big time Second Amendment Supporter
    Name:  40023995_10157720086058206_7044290181314117632_o.jpg
Views: 503
Size:  101.0 KB

Quote Originally Posted by willie View Post
    This is good.

Looks like we’re losing Steve Russell in OK-5 (OKC), a veteran and good dude, to some liberal twit chick. Blech.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by willie View Post
    Should have never been a contest. Disgusting.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    House is most likely in Democrat control at this point. They've flipped enough tossup seats at this point, and even a few likely and leaning republican districts (OK 5th, NY 11th). Would take GOP gains in leaning/likely Dem districts which frankly I don't think will happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul D View Post
    Not following election...too busy buying ammo and reloading components before the eventual panic buying when the newly Democratic controlled House start bringing up gun ban bills. Still have plenty of other stuff like mags stemming from 2016 when I thought Hillary was gonna win.
    Still have to be approved by Senate majority, which looks like it will remain Republican.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    That's like being mad at the moon and the stars, my friend. Life is too short to be angry with forces beyond your control.
    Last edited by Nephrology; 11-07-2018 at 12:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    Still have to be approved by Senate majority, which looks like it will remain Republican.
    Didn't stop the fudds from freaking out in 2012 and clearing out every shelf in America when the GOP controlled the House but not the Senate.

Glad Beto lost. I'm gonna rub that shit in the face of every person who told me Cruz was an "illegitimate Hispanic" because they didn't think his Spanish was good enough. That absolutely infuriated me as a Hispanic who can't speak Spanish and can barely read it at a basic level - if language proficiency is what determines ethnicity, I'm about as Japanese as I am Mexican at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Right?

I hope this is a warning to Republicans in Texas, it's not a foregone conclusion that Rs will always win in Texas. Cruz is lucky he managed to win all of the counties surrounding Bexar, Dallas, and Harris counties or we'd be looking at a new senator tomorrow morning. Realistically, Beto needed only to get one other major county surrounding each of the major population centers (like Colin, Montgomery, and Comal) to win it. Cruz is pretty lucky he kept it close in Tarrant county.

This is an ugly result. But not surprising, Cruz is a weak incumbent, doesn't poll well, and frankly didn't try that hard to win this one.

User Tag List