Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: LGS Stupidity

I've heard (even) worse.

Once upon a time, I walked into this unknown to me gun store. In short order the clerk (and, I presume, owner - not a lot of large gun stores over here, and places like this tend to be strictly one man operations) finds out I'm a handgun shooter and starts showing me a Walther P88 he has for sale. He keeps emphasizing how great the gun is because it's made out of German steel. Sounds a bit weird to me but hey - some people are really into Mercedes-Bentz's, I guess someone can be really into German guns, too. So, what ever (even though I of course knew at the time that the best firearms were actually American made ).

Seeing as how I'm not really in the market for a new pistol, the clerk moves on and recommends some of their ammunition. Superior quality, he says. German made, he says. Tested on six million Jews, he says.

The. Fuck. Did. I. Just. Hear?!

Needless to say I never did buy anything from there. And I am happy to report the place went out of business a long time ago.

(You know, I really can't remember any truly weird gun store experiences since the late 90's or early 00's. I guess the increased legislation and reduced market drove all those fly by night operations out of business. Either that, or I just pick the places I visit more carefully now.)

Site Supporter
    Unacceptable.

Site Supporter
    I don’t know if I heard more dumb shit said by employees/owners or customers over the years. I try not to say anything and just leave. Sometimes it’s hard to ignore the stupidity

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Unacceptable.
    Yup. I'd identify the shop so no other LEO gives them their hard earned money.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    We all know Maryland is not the most gun-friendly state in the union and this county is among the most liberal.

Back in the eighties, there was public discussion on abolishing the city police and turning our functions over to the county police. One of my colleagues stopped at a LGS and got a jovial "Wow! City police? You must wonder if you'll have a job next week! Hahaha!"

My colleague's response: "Yeah, it's like working in a gun store in Maryland." Dead silence. No sale.

Of course, I later learned that the plan had been to fold us working troops into the ranks of the county police which is a much better place to work. I guess the joke was on us.

We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Quote Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
    I've heard (even) worse.

Once upon a time, I walked into this unknown to me gun store. In short order the clerk (and, I presume, owner - not a lot of large gun stores over here, and places like this tend to be strictly one man operations) finds out I'm a handgun shooter and starts showing me a Walther P88 he has for sale. He keeps emphasizing how great the gun is because it's made out of German steel. Sounds a bit weird to me but hey - some people are really into Mercedes-Bentz's, I guess someone can be really into German guns, too. So, what ever (even though I of course knew at the time that the best firearms were actually American made ).

Seeing as how I'm not really in the market for a new pistol, the clerk moves on and recommends some of their ammunition. Superior quality, he says. German made, he says. Tested on six million Jews, he says.

The. Fuck. Did. I. Just. Hear?!

Needless to say I never did buy anything from there. And I am happy to report the place went out of business a long time ago.
    )
    Yea, I'm pretty good about not getting my panties twisted over off color humor, but even I cringed at that one.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

Holy cow, that boggles me right out of my mind.

Living across the Golden Bridge , and through the Rainbow Tunnel, somewhere north of Fantasyland.

Cool

There's only one LGS left in the county where I live, just south of Angus...and none at all where I work. The City used to have one of the best gun stores around...The SF Gun Exchange. Very low BS quotient, and a pretty amazing collection at the time. Now, I generally avoid LGS visits, and deal with LEO only dealers. Less prone to begin the conversation with retardery.

Last year I went into the county's only remaining LGS to pick up some eye and earpro for my 12 year old, who was coming with me to a USPSA match that weekend. Made my purchase, and noticed that they had a Beretta PX4 in the case. I'd never seen or held one before, so I asked the owner if I could see it. He handed it to me, and I manipulated the controls and asked if he minded if I tried the trigger. He said "Sure!", so I tried the double action, pulled the slide back, felt the reset, then tried the single action. He looked like he was having a heart attack, and informed me I had likely broken the gun by 'dry firing' it. I apologized for my error and handed it back, took my purchase and left. Never found out what he thought "trying the trigger" meant, but I haven't been back. I just can't take the nonsense.

Wow. What an asshole.

One thing I told my son since he was little, is “everybody bleeds red”.

He’s 22 now; and a few weeks ago I overheard him say it to his GF in conversation. It made me glad.

User Tag List