Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: LGS Stupidity

LGS Stupidity

Recently I went into a LGS looking to pick-up a Ruger PCC. I'd gone by a chain store , saw they had what I wanted in stock, and got the price. Before spending the money with them, I thought I'd check the three LGS in that part of my county.

Went into the first one, they had a PCC on the shelf but priced well over the chain. Had ap pleasant discussion with the owner that included the difference in prices. He checked the chain’s website, confirmed their price, and offered to sell to me at the same price. Excellent!

Handed over my driver’s license and credit card. He asked for a firearms safety cert or hunting license, I told him “my hunting license is in the truck but I have my department ID on me. He told me that was fine, so I handed it to him. As he looked at it, he said “Oh, your minority hunting license?”

Pause, WTF? Did I just actually hear that?

“Hey, that isn’t cool.”

Pause, did I really hear that?

Took my DL, ID, and credit card back, headed out the door.

Drove to another LGS, bought a PCC off their shelf, and started the waiting period. Had forgotten the owner is the son-in-law of a co-worker. (Can you guess which LGS is getting ALL of my business from here on out?)

So, what on earth would cause someone to say that? Not that I can think of one, but is there any redemption for that?

Holy shit! You met an idiot at a gun shop? And they had, “cop jokes”? BIZARRE!

They’re everywhere man. This industry and culture certainly aren’t exempt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mind boggling.

I'm good with cop jokes, hell I've been known to tell them - DAILY. The specific path was the surprising part.

People are complete fucking morons...made worse by his presumption that you were like minded.

When I was working in South FL I lived in an apt. and had occasion to have the landlord arrange service on our AC unit.

The POS that they had a contract with came to our home with his son and a young black man as his assistants.

A couple of times during the time they were working in the house the guy made a couple of really crude racial remarks to me about the intelligence of blacks and some other offensive things all within earshot of the employee.

When I had a moment I walked back to the guy and told him I was sorry that his boss made those remarks while in my home as we didn't share his racist point of view. I told him I intended to throw him out of the apartment. He said the guy wasn't so bad and that he really needed the job and asked me please not to make an issue of it.

I swallowed my tongue, waited for them to finish and told the landlord in no uncertain terms that he would not be allowed in our apartment again, and if he ever showed up it would be his misfortune.

People are complete fucking morons.

(ETA: The guy knew I was LE as he saw some of my gear in the apartment. Needless to say, several of my partners were black.)
    Last edited by blues; 11-06-2018 at 01:15 PM.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Angus...how long did it take you to tell all of your gun buddies to avoid that moron?...I’m assuming not very!

As time goes on, with current events as they are, I’m convinced we’re being overrun by morons...it’s like a wildfire!

holy. fucking. shit.

What's the name of this gunshop?
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

CWM11B
    Shit like that is why I spend most of my time these days with my dog.

It legit took me 2 minutes of re-reading the OP to have the light bulb turn on about what he'd said.
    Trying to decide what that says about me.
    may that LGS be out of biz sooner rather than later, or at least that guy gone.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

Site Supporter
    Most of you know that I'm an old burned out school teacher. I'm convinced that people have been becoming dumber over the years.

User Tag List