Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Knife Use in an Entanglement

Quote Originally Posted by SouthNarc View Post
    For the time being the SOC-P is still the best option for running centerline on armor in a channel of MOLLE.

Any technique fixes to avoid injury, or just grip the shit out of it and hope for the best?

Quote Originally Posted by kobuksonhwacha View Post
    Morgan Atwood of BFE Labs has been producing some G10 knives with various blade styles and a retention hook on the pommel that don't completely encapsulate the finger for this application. https://bfelabs.bigcartel.com/product/hook-spike You could probably commission one in steel if you chatted with him.

Thanks for the heads up. I may just be ordering the Stabulus XL soon. I dig his work.

Morgan Atwood of BFE Labs has been producing some G10 knives with various blade styles and a retention hook on the pommel that don't completely encapsulate the finger for this application. https://bfelabs.bigcartel.com/product/hook-spike You could probably commission one in steel if you chatted with him.
    "Pikal hook." Goddamit, every time I log in to this place, it costs me a hundred bucks (surefire, pikal, whatever). Makes owning a Harley-Davidson look cheap.

”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Quote Originally Posted by Birdkiller View Post
    Any technique fixes to avoid injury, or just grip the shit out of it and hope for the best?

Just grip around the ring and hold on tight.
    For info about training or to contact me:
    Immediate Action Combatives

Damn that man, that shit is pretty smart right there. I’ve seen a few designs in that vein, but nothing executed that well. The “forged sleeve dagger” might also work well in a similar role.

Quote Originally Posted by feudist View Post
    To follow on this: what about carrying a locked open folder in a sheathe? Does anyone make purpose built sheathes like that?

Does the idea have any merit?
    1. What about carrying a locked-open folder in a sheath? Well, yes, but, it is/was specifically illegal in some places.

2. Does anyone make such sheaths? Yes, or did, at one time. Survival Sheath Systems is the only source I can recall, but that was about 2003. I have not looked into this subject since that time. Any good kydex-bender should be able to accommodate you, if he/she accepts custom orders.

3. Does the idea have merit? Yes, if it helps one carry within specific rules, or other special requirements.
    Last edited by Rex G; 11-14-2018 at 02:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rex G View Post
    1. What about carrying a locked-open folder in a sheath? Well, yes, but, it is/was specifically illegal in some places.

2. Does anyone make such sheaths? Yes, or did, at one time. Survival Sheath Systems is the only source I can recall, but that was about 2003. I have not looked into this subject since that time. Any good kydex-bender should be able to accommodate you, if he/she accepts custom orders.

3. Does the idea have merit? Yes, if it helps one carry within specific rules, or other special requirements.
    There are also "deployment sheaths". In effect sheaths that are designed to 'automatically' deploy a folder when the folder is drawn. The best of them seem to be fairly minimal and deploy wave-equipped knives reliably. But, I'm not sure which ones, because I've never had a use for a such a device. That said, they are out there and may be a good option for those who have limitations on carrying fixed blades or even locked open folders.

I have had a lot of messages about this video, and I appreciate also all the comments here. I don't like just posting up videos to say "hey, look at me! I am cool!" I try to only post stuff that I think actually contributes. So I definitely am glad at the reception this vid got.

As a way to say thanks, here is an unlisted video with more of the same material. In fact, it is from my seminar coursework where I am showing this idea and the two videos run together when I teach. I never intended this for the public, and was only going to post this on my closed Alumni FB page, so PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE do not post this anywhere else, and do not link to this publicly. It is for people who have trained with me, and the members of this forum alone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T001...f0BuNsaWqslwLA
    For info about training or to contact me:
    Immediate Action Combatives

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Cecil Burch View Post
    I have had a lot of messages about this video, and I appreciate also all the comments here. I don't like just posting up videos to say "hey, look at me! I am cool!" I try to only post stuff that I think actually contributes. So I definitely am glad at the reception this vid got.

As a way to say thanks, here is an unlisted video with more of the same material. In fact, it is from my seminar coursework where I am showing this idea and the two videos run together when I teach. I never intended this for the public, and was only going to post this on my closed Alumni FB page, so PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE do not post this anywhere else, and do not link to this publicly. It is for people who have trained with me, and the members of this forum alone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T001...f0BuNsaWqslwLA
    Very nice, Cecil. Thinking is happening.

I am itching to mix my (admittedly rusty) ground and weapon skills like the CP, AIWB pistol, etc. to see what works.
    Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the Doodie Project?

User Tag List