Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Knife Use in an Entanglement

@Cecil Burch, thanks a million for sharing your knowledge with us, again. Rest assured that you’re casting a longer shadow than you know.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

As always, thank you very much for taking the time to teach. This is truly a worthy thread.

I've really gotta get a proper CP. I've got a dual edge knife designed for the same purposes, but in the end, it's just too damn big. Thanks for sharing these vids, CB, just fantastic stuff.

I know it's not exactly germane to this thread, but speaking of degloving, has anyone heard of it happening from a trigger guard?

Quote Originally Posted by Chain View Post
    I know it's not exactly germane to this thread, but speaking of degloving, has anyone heard of it happening from a trigger guard?
    You might check with Dr William Aprill. I vaguely recall him mentioning that while we practiced disarms.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    @Cecil Burch, thanks a million for sharing your knowledge with us, again. Rest assured that you’re casting a longer shadow than you know.
    First, well said Sidheshooter

Second, to Cecil "you're casting a longer shadow than you know" - This, respect and thanks

Doubled edged blades?

Thoughts on a double edged short blade for these purposes where legal?

Quote Originally Posted by feudist View Post
    Thoughts on a double edged short blade for these purposes where legal?
    I’m pretty agnostic on that. Since I prefer to follow Craig Douglas’s concept of the point being the focus, than the edge is very secondary. I could probably come up with a couple of scenarios where a double edge would be good and useful, but I don’t think there would be very many.

But if you have one or prefer one, rock on! As long as it’s a minimal footprint, carried forward of the hips somewhere, and equally accessible to either hand, you are covered for the important stuff.
    For info about training or to contact me:
    Immediate Action Combatives

Sharp double edges behind the point reduce the force requied to move the point. That is why arrow heads are double edged.

awesome

Cecil awesome video and explanation, totally agree

User Tag List