Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: IWB Holster for Kahr K9?

IWB Holster for Kahr K9?

I'm looking for an off the shelf IWB holster for a Kahr K9. Leather or Kydex is fine.

Any suggestions?
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Check Highnoon. They seem to have a pretty good selection. The holsters are functional and they ship fast. I have a few and have been pleased.

Not off the shelf, but TT Gunleathers has about a 2 week delivery. I have one of the Mike's Specials and love it.
    www.hero911.org
    Hero911 when seconds save lives.

My JM IWB #3 is great, but not off the shelf.

Kahr actually stocks a lot of gear. Mitch Rosen IWB:

https://shopkahrfirearmsgroup.com/k9...cc6clpk9rh.asp

Here's the full list:

https://shopkahrfirearmsgroup.com/pa...s/k9/holsters/
    Last edited by Chuck Whitlock; 10-31-2018 at 12:00 PM.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

Midway USA is sometimes a good source, too:

https://www.midwayusa.com/s?targetLo...temsPerPage=96
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Whitlock View Post
    My JM IWB #3 is great, but not off the shelf.

Kahr actually stocks a lot of gear. Mitch Rosen IWB:

https://shopkahrfirearmsgroup.com/k9...cc6clpk9rh.asp
    Thanks. Any experience with this type? I've owned Rosen holsters in years past, but I've always been suspicious of belt clips like that.

I'm considering getting more use out of my K9, as an EDC post retirement. For 20+ years I've used it as a BUG in an Alessi ankle rig, but if I'm going to use it for routine carry I'd like to move it to the belt.

This style is more to my liking, but I've never been overly impressed with DeSantis quality.
    https://shopkahrfirearmsgroup.com/pm...right-hand.asp

My preferred supplier has a usual eight to twelve week turn around, so I'm thinking of something to use as a test run.
    Last edited by Trooper224; 11-01-2018 at 12:48 AM.

Depends. If you look close, that Rosen IWB clip has a tooth which catches the bottom of the belt. It is the same style clip that Tom at DSG and Tony at JM (universal) use. It won't come off the belt, but it will allow some rocking back and forth. It could also be used beltless, although a K9 is heavier than a poly pocket gun or an airweight wheelie.

My dad recently bought that same DeSantis holster at Academy for a 1911. The style and design are ok, but the belt straps are really thin and flimsy, and the mouth collapses, even though it's sort of reinforced. I would pass.

I have LH and RH JM IWB #3s for my K9, and a CCC VersaClip for my CW9. I prefer the stability of the wide dual straps. As an off-side BUG, I've found the heavier K9 to ride better...more stable...than the CW9 for some reason. Weight distribution, I suppose.

Once upon a time, I also had an Andrews McDaniel II (and a Solo shoulder rig) for a K40, which I stupidly traded off with the gun. Both were excellent. I think the size of the K9 lends itself well to the Sparks SS2 pattern, while the VM2 style would be a little overkill, if that makes sense.

In your place, I'd get the Rosen that's in stock now, and use it whilst waiting on whatever my preference was to order and ship.
    -Maple Syrup Actual

In your place, I'd get the Rosen that's in stock now, and use it whilst waiting on whatever my preference was to order and ship.
    This is the way I'll go. Cabela's had that Desantis on the shelf, very flimsy. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    This is the way I'll go. Cabela's had that Desantis on the shelf, very flimsy. Thanks.
    I may still get a holster for this one, as an option, but it's off the list for an EDC. I've carried it for over two decades as a BUG, but I have to admit I've never shot it extensively. I've now found that over a normal training session of 150-200 rounds, it beats the hell out of my hand. In all likelihood I'll probably be sticking with the Beretta.
    Last edited by Trooper224; 11-07-2018 at 05:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    I may still get a holster for this one, as an option, but it's off the list for an EDC. I've carried it for over two decades as a BUG, but I have to admit I've never shot it extensively. I've now found that over a normal training session of 150-200 rounds, it beats the hell out of my hand. In all likelihood I'll probably be sticking with the Beretta.
    I found that, for my hand, a high thumb hold pulls the web of my hand away from the tang. I've gone back to a thumbs down hold for all my shooting. Of course, my hands are likely much smaller than yours.
    -Maple Syrup Actual

User Tag List