Thread: Canucklehead Drill

Canucklehead Drill

This one is more for the gamers on here, but it’s also a great overall test of many components of practical shooting. I picked this up from a Facebook video our National IPSC Production Champion, Alexandre Berdat, posted on his sponsors page.

It’s a basic drill that involves two vision barriers, 4 targets, and a mini-popper or plate. Start position is between the two vision barriers, which are placed 10 feet apart. Mini-popper is at 12 Yards from the vision barriers. The closest left and right targets are about 5 yards from the edge of the barriers. The far targets are at about 10 yards. Start close enough to the vision barriers that you can’t see the left or right closest targets.

It’s a very time efficient mini-stage that makes you focus on shooting into position, transitioning hard, leaving on a tight shots, running efficiently with the gun, etc. You can vary your start position or entry/exit targets, and throw in reloads if you want. I found it fastest to shoot it as I did in the video, with my best time being 6.78 with two C’s.

Give it a try. I found it to be fun and instructive.

Picture of the target set up:

Video of a couple of runs that I did. Sorry I accidentally cut off the far left target.
    Last edited by Clobbersaurus; 11-05-2018 at 11:30 PM.
    "Next time somebody says USPSA or IPSC is all hosing, junk punch them." - Les Pepperoni
    --

User Tag List