Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Hockey 2018

Quote Originally Posted by Coyotesfan97 View Post
    Yesterday I would’ve said it was Boston and San Jose for the Cup. After tonight the Western Conference series looks like it’ll be a good one. Im for the Blues on this one. I’m thinking Boston wins the Eastern Conference.
    Blues and Sharks looks like a series.

'Canes are gonna have to wake the hell up if they're going to make it any kind of a series in the east. They've been spanked badly.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar
    Blues just got hosed. San Jose scores in OT on a hand pass that didn’t get called, and that’s not a reviewable call.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Uno View Post
    Blues just got hosed. San Jose scores in OT on a hand pass that didn’t get called, and that’s not a reviewable call.
    The refs screwed that game up. Don't forget that Perron scored two goals for the Blues in the second when he should have been in the penalty box for delay of game.

Both are game-altering mistakes. It's a shame...

What's the point of review if they can't even get the call right when the evidence is right in front of them?

I've seen the same lame b.s. in baseball reviews as well.

The game deserved a better conclusion.

I didn't stick around for the post game analysis so I just read this morning that a hand pass leading to a goal is not one of the issues subject to review. Apparently, if the on ice officials miss it, as clearly all of the myopic crew did last night, then it's just too friggin' bad.

Sad really. The New Orleans Saints can relate, I'm sure.

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cornstalker View Post
    The refs screwed that game up. Don't forget that Perron scored two goals for the Blues in the second when he should have been in the penalty box for delay of game.

Both are game-altering mistakes. It's a shame...
    They missed the Sharks having too many men at one point also. Not that the Blues pp is setting the world on fire. At least it’s 2 minutes that the Sharks can’t score - oh wait, they can and will. [emoji53]

If you really want to complain, the Sharks shouldn’t have made it out of round 1. And no there’s not a conspiracy to send SJ to the Finals. Maybe the NHL will apologize to the Blues too. That’d be swell.

But if you miss this hand pass call in December, then whatever. You miss it in Conference final overtime, that’s a lot more egregious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Uno View Post
    They missed the Sharks having too many men at one point also. Not that the Blues pp is setting the world on fire. At least it’s 2 minutes that the Sharks can’t score - oh wait, they can and will. [emoji53]

If you really want to complain, the Sharks shouldn’t have made it out of round 1. And no there’s not a conspiracy to send SJ to the Finals. Maybe the NHL will apologize to the Blues too. That’d be swell.

But if you miss this hand pass call in December, then whatever. You miss it in Conference final overtime, that’s a lot more egregious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Agreed. They butchered the Sharks/Avs series too. It's frustrating for sure. The poor calls and non-calls went both ways in that one, just as it has in this one. If you think about it, there might not have been overtime if they had called a guy for flipping the puck straight over the high glass from behind his own net. It sucks when the officiating changes the outcome of a game. Personally, I want to see who the best team is, not the luckiest.

Please, hockey gods, anyone but the friggin' Bruins...anyone...really.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Please, hockey gods, anyone but the friggin' Bruins...anyone...really.
    I totally agree. Unfortunately, I think it will take an injury to allow for that. Or a complete loss of focus by Tuuuka Rask. Barring that, I don’t see anyone having the depth to beat them.

Up until OT that was the best single game of this entire screwed up post-season.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

User Tag List