Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Hockey 2018

Some kinda game. Now another game 7 tonight.

And tomorrow, 'Canes v. Bruins.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by perlslacker View Post
    They made it to the finals (and lost) a few years straight in the early days IIRC.
    We went to the Cup Finals our first three seasons because when the league doubled from six to twelve teams, all the expansion teams were in one division (it was set up where an expansion team was guaranteed to go to the Finals). And were soundly defeated all three times.

We've reached the Conference finals a couple times (as recently as 2016 in fact) but never been back to play for the Cup.

I actually dozed off before any goals were scored, and woke up towards the end of the third period. So that actually worked out pretty well.

Fun fact: Blues are the only team from the 1967 expansion to have not won a Cup. Flyers, Penguins, and Kings have won multiple. The Oakland Seals merged with the Minnesota North Stars, who then moved to Dallas and won.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Uno View Post
    I actually dozed off before any goals were scored, and woke up towards the end of the third period. So that actually worked out pretty well.

Fun fact: Blues are the only team from the 1967 expansion to have not won a Cup. Flyers, Penguins, and Kings have won multiple. The Oakland Seals merged with the Minnesota North Stars, who then moved to Dallas and won.
    Well, if they win, they'll be over the blues. (Do I see a name change in the offing?)

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Well, if they win, they'll be over the blues. (Do I see a name change in the offing?)
    St. Louis Homiciders?
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Coyotesfan97 View Post
    Blues win in double OT! What a game! Both goalies were like walls. Just a great game to watch.
    The Blues came to play in that game and Dallas just didn't. The only Star that deserved to win that game was Ben Bishop. With all of the shots the Blues were putting on goal it was only a matter of time before they got a lucky bounce or rebound.

I think Bishop going down in game 6 and then giving up the goal on the injury, and then just after had a mental affect on the team, and I still think they should have pulled him immidiately after the first goal.

Quote Originally Posted by dontshakepandas View Post
    The Blues came to play in that game and Dallas just didn't. The only Star that deserved to win that game was Ben Bishop. With all of the shots the Blues were putting on goal it was only a matter of time before they got a lucky bounce or rebound.

I think Bishop going down in game 6 and then giving up the goal on the injury, and then just after had a mental affect on the team, and I still think they should have pulled him immidiately after the first goal.
    That was a bum deal for Dallas, but I’ve been telling my TX friends, don’t act like you wouldn’t have scored if Binny went down.

Sometimes, as a team, you play your best and don’t do anything wrong - and just get beat by a better team. Look at the Blues’ and Stars’ first round. Good hockey. Coulda gone either way. Last night Dallas just looked...off. Been watching hockey my whole life, I know it when I see it. And I’m a Blues fan so I’ve seen it a lot. Dallas wasn’t giving it the “110 percent”. Why, I don’t know. And I’ve asked that about the Blues a lot too. Sometimes they just act like someone kicked their puppy. That’s how Dallas looked.

And Bishop was damn good in game 7. The whole series, really. If you stop 19 out of 20 all day every day you’ll win the Vezina every year. Well, he saw a lot more than that before he gave up goal #2.

The hockey gods are cruel...it's a fact.

I've been a hockey fan since the early 60's, spent the night at MSG to get playoff tickets in the mid 60's only to see the Rangers go down in four to Montreal...in all these years I've seen the Rangers win one cup. (That may have to be enough.) But it was one of the most glorious moments to see Messier lift the cup, and I knew then that my bucket list had one very elusive item crossed off that day.

Still hoping to see it happen again...but not foolish enough to expect it.

Bishop was in a real tough spot in the pt goal. Defense needed to cover him on that one.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Yesterday I would’ve said it was Boston and San Jose for the Cup. After tonight the Western Conference series looks like it’ll be a good one. Im for the Blues on this one. I’m thinking Boston wins the Eastern Conference.
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

User Tag List