Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Hockey 2018

Think back to the Sharks reaction when Perron scored two goals when he should have been in the penalty box.

Think back to the Bruins reaction when Perron scored after an un-called hatchet murder deep in the zone.

Think back to the Blues reaction when San Jose won in overtime on an un-called hand pass. (gnashing of teeth, hitting the glass with sticks, in case you forgot)

The Blues have spirit, but they completely lack class. I have lost all respect for the club this playoff season. I came into the finals figuring Boston would win, but hoping the Blues would. Now I can't stand them. They are a shit show. Unfortunately, they will probably be the shit show hoisting the cup.

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar
    Oh yes, Boston, the classy organization that has Chara punching people after the whistle, Backes leaning on Binnington’s knee, and Krug hunting down Thomas. That classy bunch, right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Half of the electronic billboards within 100 miles of the Arch must,by now, be running a “Go Blues” sign in their rotation.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Uno View Post
    Oh yes, Boston, the classy organization that has Chara punching people after the whistle, Backes leaning on Binnington’s knee, and Krug hunting down Thomas. That classy bunch, right.

I never said Boston was classy. Just pointed out that they didn’t have tantrums when the refs miss a hatchet murder.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    Half of the electronic billboards within 100 miles of the Arch must,by now, be running a “Go Blues” sign in their rotation.
    Everyone in St Louis has Blues-mania.

And accordingly, everyone’s now a hockey expert. Even fans that just started watching hockey last week.

I think it's an ugly truism that hockey has always been full of nastiness and illegal stick work. I don't mind two guys going toe to toe (with helmets off, please), if that's what they choose to do. I have vivid memories of bloodbaths dating back to the 60's.

It's the rabbit punches from behind to a defenseless foe, (otherwise engaged with other players), and kidney punches, (Chara), etc etc that make it unpalatable. Man up and fight the guy if you have an issue.

It's a tough, hard sport. It doesn't have to be made worse by attempts to injure and trying to end a guy's career via concussion or worse...all done intentionally.

Neither team has taken the high road in this series.
    Last edited by blues; 06-07-2019 at 08:47 AM.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Everyone in St Louis has Blues-mania.

And accordingly, everyone’s now a hockey expert. Even fans that just started watching hockey last week.
    There was a mess of Blues t-shirts and other crap on sale when I passed through Lambert two weeks ago.

As for myself, I can’t even tell where the puck is, most the time.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I think it's an ugly truism that hockey has always been full of nastiness and illegal stick work. I don't mind two guys going toe to toe (with helmets off, please), if that's what they choose to do. I have vivid memories of bloodbaths dating back to the 60's.

It's the rabbit punches from behind to a defenseless foe, (otherwise engaged with other players), and kidney punches, (Chara), etc etc that make it unpalatable. Man up and fight the guy if you have an issue.

It's a tough, hard sport. It doesn't have to be made worse by attempts to injure and trying to end a guy's career via concussion or worse...all done intentionally.

Neither team has taken the high road in this series.
    Very well stated.

Punches to the face before, after or during a whistle are just part of the game. It's toe-to-toe and honest. Trying to hurt each other's goaltenders is just chicken shit. I expect that from Boston, but have been disappointed to see it with the Blues. Most of it seems to involve Perron. Again, I can see Berube's style from when he played manifesting in the team.

Chara has always been a lumberjack. Even when he played for Ottawa you would see him violently crosscheck the opposing forwards until they piss blood and never get called. Worst of all, I have seen several guys end up in the box for leaving their feet when they hit him. Duh, they kind of have to.

Jayden Schwartz is a favorite of mine because I watched him play when he was at Colorado College. Saddens me to watch him play as strong as a statue on the puck all game, then dive like a shameless bitch to draw a penalty...

The Blues have a big, strong team that can skate. They have depth and they have goaltending. That is a recipe for a championship without the childish drama.

Quote Originally Posted by cornstalker View Post
    then dive like a shameless bitch to draw a penalty...
    Hell, I'd do it. Maybe not in October, but in the Finals I would.

It's one of those things that you wish neither team did, but if you're gonna do it then I'm gonna do it. And then you say, hey if you're doing it too then I'm going to keep doing it. It's an endless cycle of fake violence.
    Last edited by Darth_Uno; 06-07-2019 at 12:13 PM.

Hell, I'd do it. Maybe not in October, but in the Finals I would.

It's one of those things that you wish neither team did, but if you're gonna do it then I'm gonna do it. And then you say, hey if you're doing it too then I'm going to keep doing it. It's an endless cycle of fake violence.

All true.

The situational ethics is exactly the part that annoys me. Allowing the old moral compass to swing based on situations is showing that they never were really any better than that which I despise.

User Tag List