Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Unusual or old Rimfires

Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    I taught my kids to shoot this summer using a 1935 Winchester model 69

Attachment 32074

.22 short, .22 long, and. 22 long rifle. I should have taken more pictures of the rifle itself.
    I have a model 69a, manufactured after WWII since it has a swept bolt handle and scope mount grooves on the receiver. Since none of them were ever manufactured with serial numbers, making it impossible to date when they were made with any great specificity, I have applied Schrodinger's princple and decided that it's date of manufacture is what I decide it is and it just so happens to be my birthday. Prove me wrong.

The old rimfire below is one from Colt.

A Colteer. I can't recall if I have shown this before. My dad picked it up somewhere and it showed up on one of our high desert Jackrabbit safaris. It was such a nice handling and balancing little carbines, that I insisted that he not get rid of it. Finally he just left it one day and said, "give it to the girls" (his grandkids).

It wears an older Burris 6X rimfire that is perfect for it. Fun little thing.

I only have this one crappy photo, but it's a Savage-imported Anschutz 64. I had it for a few years when I played around with local Schuetzen Verein matches. The kludgy looking bar is a half-assed brace for the standing rest position (matches were shot offhand or standing rest). I only participated to hang out with a friend who was into it. I eventually couldn't handle the leisurely pace of the matches and dropped out. But if you want to get stomped by some 65 year old lady drilling an 1-1/2" bull at 100 yards with iron sights, I recommend it [emoji41]

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Dad's Winchester model 75 dating to 1948.

Name:  win75-01.jpg
Views: 475
Size:  29.9 KB
    You will more often be attacked for what others think you believe than what you actually believe. Expect misrepresentation, misunderstanding, and projection as the modern normal default setting. ~ Quintus Curtius

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by critter View Post
    Dad's Winchester model 75 dating to 1948.

Name:  win75-01.jpg
Views: 475
Size:  29.9 KB
    I have never seen a scope that long! Interested in any details.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

I had this MAC SSSW (Single Shot Survival Weapon) about 10 years ago. They're AOWs.

In the carrying strap.

.22LR 1" smoothbore barrel. It was terribly inaccurate, like two foot groups at six feet inaccurate. From info what I was able to gather from the internet, it was designed as a contact weapon. The whole thing seemed a bit pointless though, because if it's at contact distance, then at best all you have is a loud one-time-use close quarters stabbing implement.

Cocked:

The lever on the top is the trigger; there's a notch on the barrel that would allow the front part of the lever to clear if rotated to the correct position. If not, that was the safety.
    Last edited by CleverNickname; 01-27-2019 at 02:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post

That's a Unertl scope, likely 8x. It was the marksman scope of choice for the USMC sniper rifle program up until the 60s when they started buying off-the-shelf Redfields, and were unusually powerful when "sniper" scopes were typically low power....other scopes used by the US were 2.2x, 2.5x, and 4x, Russian PU scope for the Mosin 91/30 was 3.5, Swiss K31/55 was 3.5x, Germans were 1.5x up to 4x, British were 3x and 4x.

The reticle is fixed and adjustments are made by physically shifting the entire scope body within the mounts. Due to technical limitations of the days in making robust scopes, it was designed to slide back and forth within the mounts in order to handle the recoil. Without the spring, the scope would have to be pushed back into place with each shot.

That's a piece of real American history right there.....
    Last edited by TGS; 01-27-2019 at 03:21 PM.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    I don't know many details. Markings are: R.A. Litschert Spot-Shot. Eye relief is adjustable by almost two inches. The markings on the objective are 0-20x .. with 0 being about a 1.3 and 20 being a pretty serious zoom.

In zero wind, Dad could have 5 shots of quality and matched weight ammo touching at 200 yds. Pretty amazing to witness. My best group at that distance was about 3 inches. Most were far larger.
    You will more often be attacked for what others think you believe than what you actually believe. Expect misrepresentation, misunderstanding, and projection as the modern normal default setting. ~ Quintus Curtius

Site Supporter
    Thank you both for the information!

Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Did someone say Mauser ES340B?

Here’s one:
    Name:  B6C15B28-2FCB-4786-BBAA-A6B92FF4958F.jpg
Views: 424
Size:  65.9 KB
    The first indication a bad guy should have that I'm dangerous is when his
    disembodied soul is looking down at his own corpse wondering what happened.

User Tag List