Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dot Torture with a RDS

Dot Torture with a RDS

Has anyone completed Dot Torture with an RDS? I'm struggling with issues caused by my 25 yard zero. Unsure of how to adjust to the drill or the RMR.

I use a 25 yard zero and don't have any issues with dot torture. It may print slightly lower at say 3 yards, but hasn't really been a problem for me.

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by RLLRRR View Post
    Has anyone completed Dot Torture with an RDS? I'm struggling with issues caused by my 25 yard zero. Unsure of how to adjust to the drill or the RMR.
    You just have to figure out your sight offset and aim appropriately. I think it is 5/8” if I remember correctly. Might be 3/4”.

Close offset was an issue that bugged me with red dot pistols.

Hold at the top of the two inch dot, and that should cover offset and jerking the trigger.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Hold at the top of the two inch dot, and that should cover offset and jerking the trigger.
    This... like x100000

With a 10 yard zero, if you hold at the top of the orange dot at 3 yards, you should be right in the middle of the orange dot. Except for dot 8, its the honeybadger/anti-Christ.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I learned that this past weekend trying to shoot the "Consistency Target"!

The offset and my limited capabilities were humbling. I had to hold a full small dot's width above to make hits at 3 yards... live and learn.
    But the top of the 2" dot with my 25 yd RMR zero is what works for me.
    Last edited by Jamie; 11-05-2018 at 06:37 PM.

Do it most times I shoot; as noted, put the dot at the top of the circle. The further away you get, the easier it becomes...
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

Site Supporter
    I also aim for the top of the circle, and I am shooting Dot Torture from 4-5 yds. most of the time.

Thanks, y'all. I guess the next question is should I leave my red dot at 25? It's my EDC gun, so I don't really intend on shooting past maybe 10yds.

User Tag List