Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Agency Optic System (AOS) for Glock pistols

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post

Not sure if I mentioned it, but I understand Glock has forty RMS Shield optics in use with their sales demo guns, and not one has broken so far.
    1) I don’t believe that they have that many RMS optics that haven’t had issues. The lenses alone from that many rounds would be damaged. I have also talked to various PD’s that discounted the RMS based on the demo models alone.
    2) the fit issue is exactly why I don’t subscribe to fitting a single optic (like some big name millers) to a slide. If the optic is replaced (or switched to a new model, as can happen) there are no fit guarantees.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Sigfan26 View Post
    1) I don’t believe that they have that many RMS optics that haven’t had issues. The lenses alone from that many rounds would be damaged. I have also talked to various PD’s that discounted the RMS based on the demo models alone.

I am not naming names, but my source is impeccable.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

David S.

Well, it hasn’t been my experience. Damaged lenses, damaged battery trays, no water resistance (as shown by limited exposure to the rain deadlining optics), 1 week battery life in some optics, and limited to nonexistent customer service. I hear they’re great, though...

Also, you don’t need to. Guessing I was certified as a Glock Armorer by them.

Well, it hasn’t been my experience. Damaged lenses, damaged battery trays, no water resistance (as shown by limited exposure to the rain deadlining optics), 1 week battery life in some optics, and limited to nonexistent customer service. I hear they’re great, though...

Let’s see. My one type 2 RMR failed before finishing its first range session. The Vortex Vipor/Venoms never lasted two whole range sessions. I have broken approaching a dozen DP Pro units, and I wear batteries in them out in a week or two of heavy use. Nothing has been reliable in my experience, which is why I am so anxious for the Acro.

Let’s see. My one type 2 RMR failed before finishing its first range session. The Vortex Vipor/Venoms never lasted two whole range sessions. I have broken approaching a dozen DP Pro units, and I wear batteries in them out in a week or two of heavy use. Nothing has been reliable in my experience, which is why I am so anxious for the Acro.
    Don’t know what to tell you. You have broken more optics than any 10 other folks. SOCOM has stated that the RMR meets their needs (over the ACRO, assuming Aimpoint had it submitted. Can’t envision a scenario where it wasn’t ), The M17 is milled for the DPP (with Sig coming out with a DPP footprint optic). I really doubt the ACRO is going to perform any differently for you.

Based on a visual analysis of AOS photos and comparing them to Unity Atom, it seems like the AOS has an advantage in choices of optic placement in relation to the backup iron sight. It also seems that Unity might have a theoretic advantage of plate retention in the pocket since it has a dovetail design, although it does seem like a AOS has a small retaining tab at the back of a plate.
    I think it will come down to quality of execution, such as how well plates fit into the pocket, if they have enough thickness to securely attach the screws etc, and level of support. Some folks had issues with both with Unity system, although my personal experience has been pretty good, save one issue that was resolved by Unity folks.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Site Supporter
    Agency said M&P's are next, sometime in 2019.

Don’t know what to tell you. You have broken more optics than any 10 other folks. SOCOM has stated that the RMR meets their needs (over the ACRO, assuming Aimpoint had it submitted. Can’t envision a scenario where it wasn’t ), The M17 is milled for the DPP (with Sig coming out with a DPP footprint optic). I really doubt the ACRO is going to perform any differently for you.

I have spoken with many people, that report no problems with their Pro. Apparently they hold up just fine in the gun safe. However, Enos is full of people who shoot the Pro for competition, and report similar problems as I do. YVK broke his on a Unity plate at about 3,000 rounds. My main Montana shooting buddy, who shoots as much as me, has broken five or seven Pros in the last year, and has nine I think to support just him.

Different application, but I have only broken one Aimpoint in the decades I have used them, across many guns, and in calibers up to .458 Lott.

User Tag List