Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Agency Optic System (AOS) for Glock pistols

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    Wonder what the base slides are, their own source or OEM. My batting average with aftermarket-produced Glock slides is not great.
    I would be all over these if they were OEM Gen 5 slides cut for the AOS.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I would be all over these if they were OEM Gen 5 slides cut for the AOS.
    Cant you use a Gen4 slide on a Gen5 frame provided you use the Gen5 RSA and backplate?

Agency Optic System (AOS) for Glock pistols

Derp moment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Trukinjp13; 04-18-2019 at 09:48 PM.

Bought a Glock 45 this weekend, and will be sending the slide to Agency for AOS, tomorrow.

Will report back with results.

FYI, the AOS RMR plate is not compatible with the Holosuns.

Quote Originally Posted by Xhado View Post
    FYI, the AOS RMR plate is not compatible with the Holosuns.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    Wonder what the base slides are, their own source or OEM. My batting average with aftermarket-produced Glock slides is not great.
    A $500 stripped slide makes a $600 MOS gun seem cheap. Especially nwhen it comes with 3 OEM mags... and a functional lower.

The RMR on my Glock 19x is hammered from all the brass ejecting into it. The housing is rough, and the glass has some minor scratches. This was the biggest motivator for buying a 45 that has the updated breech face notch and sending it out for AOS. Unfortunately they quoted 3 months for turnaround.

I have not seen that advancement on any aftermarket slides, so regardless of Gucci cuts or price, at this point, new Glock slides are the only way I am going.

And yes, 500 for a stripped slide when I can get a complete pistol for a little over 600, is difficult to rationalize.
    Last edited by Maca; 09-09-2019 at 09:46 PM.

The stripped slide makes the most sense if you need to add serrations and want the AOS system. I have a couple of Gen 3 G19’s I wanted to have the AOS system installed on. I called Agency to ask if they could also simply add serrations to the front of the slide while they have them in addition to installing the AOS system. The rep told me they only do package work now and can’t do that.

I’m now seriously considering this slide for my Gen 3’s but I’m concerned about the reliability of the syndicate slide vs OEM.
    Last edited by og556; 09-10-2019 at 08:57 AM.

Does the Glock 45 & Glock 45 MOS both have the different breech face cut? This works well to keep brass away from optics?

User Tag List