Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Agency Optic System (AOS) for Glock pistols

Quote Originally Posted by EVP View Post
    I read that the AOS plate you choose for your optic is machined to your exact optic, is that correct?
    From my experience this is incorrect. I sent them my slide and bought the plates I wanted. No one said anything about sending my RMR in.

My RMR plates have (4) posts that locate the RMR. From what I have seen the companies milling the pocket for your exact RMR are doing this because they are not doing any posts.

Quote Originally Posted by EVP View Post
    If it is, then it seems like the best solution for a multi optic plate setup. Except the time frame is kinda ridiculous.
    The time frame is the time frame.

I think they are doing them in batches so they sit and wait until they have the amount of slides they need to work on them.

The "your slide work was completed but the DLC failed our QC inspection" is a line of BS. From the stories I have read online almost everyone gets told this. At what point in time do you find another company to apply the finish?

Either way, I am happy with the finished product. I would definitely send it to them to have done.

I suppose I read to much into their own description when they said,” Not only is the adapter plate more robust, the adapter plates are precisely machined for each optic.”

Finally measured my Gen 1 plate... posts are .136 tall above the surface. So no change.

Quote Originally Posted by EzGoingKev View Post
    I have the same plate sitting here without the RMR on it.

I just measure the post height using a digital caliper @ .136".

With the crazy lead times, I wonder if someone else could do the cut and you just buy the plates off the shelf from Agency.

Quote Originally Posted by Super77 View Post
    With the crazy lead times, I wonder if someone else could do the cut and you just buy the plates off the shelf from Agency.
    Yes I wish they would license the AOS cut to other companies.

Mac Defense has just brought their own "Future Proof Optic Plate" System to market as well. Cheaper than AOS and will be much faster.
    https://www.macdefenseindustries.com...ate-p166238440
    Last edited by Xhado; 01-04-2020 at 11:18 AM.

What do we know about that MAC shop? I might shoot them an email about the specifics of their system, but I wonder what's their rep.

In general, one of the issues with these shops is a long term stability. We can be less satisfied with MOS system but it is comforting to know that Glock Inc, is not going anywhere and will be always supporting their stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by EzGoingKev View Post

The "your slide work was completed but the DLC failed our QC inspection" is a line of BS.

I just sent them a slide and specified cerakote instead of DLC. Wonder if I'll hear the same reply in 12 weeks.
    Last edited by YVK; 01-04-2020 at 11:55 AM.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    I just sent them a slide and specified cerakote instead of DLC. Wonder if I'll hear the same reply in 12 weeks.
    [/FONT]
    I was thinking of asking them for a "no refinish" option. Get the slide, make the cut, ship it back. I can slather the area under the plate with rust preventative and not worry about it too much. Maybe even knock a few bucks off the price.

I think the Agency system looks like the best out there in terms of getting the optic as low as direct mount. Shame the wait is so long but I have plenty of Glocks fill the carry role while two of their buddies get the AOS treatment.

What do we know about that MAC shop? I might shoot them an email about the specifics of their system, but I wonder what's their rep.
    [/FONT]
    I have 4 of my frames done up by MAC. Absolutely amazing work and really cheap with my Sage Dynamics Alum discount code.

Quote Originally Posted by Super77 View Post
    I was thinking of asking them for a "no refinish" option. Get the slide, make the cut, ship it back. I can slather the area under the plate with rust preventative and not worry about it too much. Maybe even knock a few bucks off the price.
    Agency has already said they won't let anything go out the door unfinished.

Well, I sent them a message with 7 or so questions. We'll see what comes out of it. I think I understand how they do the user adaptable rear sight position but I would really like to know of plate retention is with screws only, or there is some locking geometry in place like the dovetail arrangement of Atom or tab of AOS.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Well, I sent them a message with 7 or so questions. We'll see what comes out of it. I think I understand how they do the user adaptable rear sight position but I would really like to know of plate retention is with screws only, or there is some locking geometry in place like the dovetail arrangement of Atom or tab of AOS.
    There was an instagram story that showed 4 screws holding the plate down. I hope there's some interlocking geometry underneith as well.

User Tag List