Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Agency Optic System (AOS) for Glock pistols

Quote Originally Posted by David S. View Post
    Sorry guys no experience with the AOS.
    FAST Coin Owner #15
    Paper M in Carry Optics #A96020
    Point 1 Tactics Elite Standards Coin #4

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Let’s see. My one type 2 RMR failed before finishing its first range session. The Vortex Vipor/Venoms never lasted two whole range sessions. I have broken approaching a dozen DP Pro units, and I wear batteries in them out in a week or two of heavy use. Nothing has been reliable in my experience, which is why I am so anxious for the Acro.
    GJM...I look forward to shooting with you someday. But please do not look at or touch the optics on my guns, lest your bad mojo curse them. HAHAHA.
    FAST Coin Owner #15

Site Supporter
    Let’s see. My one type 2 RMR failed before finishing its first range session. The Vortex Vipor/Venoms never lasted two whole range sessions. I have broken approaching a dozen DP Pro units, and I wear batteries in them out in a week or two of heavy use. Nothing has been reliable in my experience, which is why I am so anxious for the Acro.
    While I realize that optics are the future of handgunning, and offer clear advantages, this is why I will wait some more time before going down that rabbit hole.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Quote Originally Posted by AsianJedi View Post
    GJM...I look forward to shooting with you someday. But please do not look at or touch the optics on my guns, lest your bad mojo curse them. HAHAHA.
    Out of curiosity, how many pistol mounted optics have you broken?

Quote Originally Posted by Sigfan26 View Post
    In 5+ years of running dots, I have sent two to be fixed. They were both type one RMRs and are still running after they were fixed.

My time behind DPPs and others is only for limited testing and not endurance related. However Vortex just sent me some Vipers for some long term testing.

FAST Coin Owner #15

@GJM

Im going to call Agency today about their AOS. Is there anything you want me to ask about specifically?

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    While I realize that optics are the future of handgunning, and offer clear advantages, this is why I will wait some more time before going down that rabbit hole.

Two reasons to get going now. The skills are developed not bought, which takes time and effort, and shooting a dot makes you more visual and a better iron sight shooter.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigfan26 View Post
    As a data point, I confirmed with my MT buddy that he has broken six Pros in this calendar year, shooting just north of 50,000 rounds this year.

Quote Originally Posted by AsianJedi View Post
    In 5+ years of running dots, I have sent two to be fixed. They were both type one RMRs and are still running after they were fixed.

My time behind DPPs and others is only for limited testing and not endurance related. However Vortex just sent me some Vipers for some long term testing.

I am still running an original fixed RMR on a carry gun, and it keeps chugging along with a battery change every few years. Very curious about your Venom/Viper experience, as they would not hold zero for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    @GJM

Im going to call Agency today about their AOS. Is there anything you want me to ask about specifically?

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk
    Yes, how long to turn around a slide.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    ...Very curious about your Venom/Viper experience, as they would not hold zero for me...
    I have direct milled many Venoms/Vipers on Walther slides. Have not sent one back yet. My dot drill is becoming embarrassingly easy. I have well in excess of 10,000 rounds on my 4" Walther PPQ M1 that I use in matches (and practice). I also use them on my PCCs.

After a year of not shooting irons, I decided that I should have a backup for a 5 day competition course I was taking. I was shooting the irons better than I ever had. I believe that shooting a dot improved my iron shooting quite a bit. BTW, my Venom Walther went through the 2500 round course without a hiccup. But I did not let GJM shoot my pistol.

The cut is a couple weeks but the refinishing is done in batches so they quoted me 6-8 weeks.

Yes, how long to turn around a slide.

Any other questions? Will call this afternoon.

User Tag List