Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trigger finger injury

Sounds like you've got sound opinion with Enel.

So to make you feel better, my cousin had his trigger finger caught in a machine sprocket. The tip of his finger is gone down to the base of his nail. He's a 1911 guy now.

@Enel basically just took time out of his Saturday to video chat with me and talk about my finger. Bottom line, give it some time but dont let it get stiff. I'll live.

The quality of people on this forum leaves me in awe.

-Cory

Glad you have Enel to help. Prior to his post I was going to say run away from the doc and find one who cares. I suspect that rehap exercises will be key to getting back full function. Do them religiously.

One thing not mentioned is cleanliness and infection control. I had a staph infection develop in a minor cut on my left ring finger, and I would hazard that it was a week old cut that was mostly healed. Anyways the cut wasn't bad, a trip to the ER and two rounds of antibiotics were no bueno. Cipro is bad medicine. Keep it clean, keep it dry, wear gloves when needed.

The real moral of the story is if it gets painful, puffy, swollen, and red, go see your doctor right away. It's not going away.
    Whether you think you can or you can't, you're probably right.

Glad your finger is going to heal up! Use this time to practice WHO.

Seriously, do it.

You won’t regret that you did the next time you need to use WHO at training, class or at a match.
    "Next time somebody says USPSA or IPSC is all hosing, junk punch them." - Les Pepperoni
    --

User Tag List