Page 16 of 33 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: AMG Lab Shot Timer

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    Where are you guys at with late January orders? I am five days away from two months since placing my order. No particular hurry, just need a second timer.
    Late Jan. was wrapping up this weekend, shipping out Monday morning.

Received my early Feb preorder today. So far, only two minor design gripes - really wish the output screen faced up based on prior experience with the Pocket Pro II/PACT, but that's minor, and similarly wish that the screen was backlit. Other than that, everything seems fairly intuitive so far and it's picking up my dry fire on the highest sensitivity, so that's good.

For those of you who ordered the belt clip, how are you attaching it? The included clip part doesn't seem to have any threading in the predrilled holes and I can't figure out how to detach the clip to install the bushings, assuming they're meant to be installed at all. EDIT: Didn't realize the clip swiveled to provide clearance for the screws, but this still doesn't solve the problem as the screw heads protrude too much to swivel the clip back to the starting position.
    Last edited by einherjarvalk; 04-10-2019 at 03:51 PM.

Site Supporter
    I like using the silicone cover. I hang it on a belt loop or pocket.

The only sort-of issue I've had so far is that the display seems to be easily scratched. I'm going to cut a phone screen protector down and see if it will stick.

Quote Originally Posted by einherjarvalk View Post
    Received my early Feb preorder today. So far, only two minor design gripes - really wish the output screen faced up based on prior experience with the Pocket Pro II/PACT, but that's minor, and similarly wish that the screen was backlit. Other than that, everything seems fairly intuitive so far and it's picking up my dry fire on the highest sensitivity, so that's good.

For those of you who ordered the belt clip, how are you attaching it? The included clip part doesn't seem to have any threading in the predrilled holes and I can't figure out how to detach the clip to install the bushings, assuming they're meant to be installed at all. EDIT: Didn't realize the clip swiveled to provide clearance for the screws, but this still doesn't solve the problem as the screw heads protrude too much to swivel the clip back to the starting position.
    The best way to attach little swivel clip to the holder is this, step by step with illustration is below:
    1 - rotate clip's plate 90 degrees, to expose access to holes in its base
    2 - use smaller screws/posts and skinniest rubber washers form the hardware bag, thread screws through holes in little clip, the diameter of the hole is ever so smaller than the screw so you may need to use gentle force to screw through plastic
    3 - insert posts into holder and use rubber washer between little clip and holder, screw both parts together, it may help to pre-thread one screw first and then take care of the second one, the critical moment here is not to over-tighten whole thing to avoid plastic cracking on the clip part.
    4 - when done, the profile of the screws is will allow clip to swivel back

For other clips like Tek-Lok, Safariland or Combat belt loops holder no rubber washer is necessary.
    Attached Images Attached Images        

Quote Originally Posted by scjbash View Post
    I like using the silicone cover. I hang it on a belt loop or pocket.

The only sort-of issue I've had so far is that the display seems to be easily scratched. I'm going to cut a phone screen protector down and see if it will stick.
    Let us know how that works for you. (considering the same)
    Ordered both the belt clip as well as the cover and went with the cover first. (think it will work better)

My one gripe was there was NO INSTRUCTIONS in the box. I grabbed the box on the way out to the country/farm, where I get no cell service (and I don't have a smart phone anyway) and no internet.

Commander at 2019 Multi-Gun Nationals past weekend, used to time Jerry Miculek at Stage12, getting stage win and 2nd overall in this championship.

Took it to a crowded indoor range yesterday with the intent of setting a par time for FAST drills, only to discover that at the lowest sensitivity and an echo delay of 0.16, it picked up all of my shots and almost never picked up anyone else's. Occasionally we'd get a shot recorded from another lane (possibly a rifle shot?) but it never interfered with my strings. It was a sufficiently impressive display that the person I was with went home and immediately ordered one for himself last night.

I've also had some other people asking more questions about the Commander compared to more common timers like the PACT and Pocket Pros. One thing I'm noticing is missing from the tech specs is what the max number of shots per string is. Additionally, will it be possible to have firmware updates pushed to the timer via Bluetooth to add functionality down the line, such as viewing splits instead of shot times in the string history?

Quote Originally Posted by einherjarvalk View Post
    One thing I'm noticing is missing from the tech specs is what the max number of shots per string is. Additionally, will it be possible to have firmware updates pushed to the timer via Bluetooth to add functionality down the line, such as viewing splits instead of shot times in the string history?
    Hello einherjarvalk, the string memory is 150 shots per string, and if you fire more than 150 shots, last (150th) shot will be overwritten with whichever time the last shot was.
    This is our first product and one of our priorities was to make it easy to use, this is why this model's firmware is not user-updatable, our goal is to make the best ballistic timekeeping product , so all feedback from the field is carefully reviewed and will be considered in future products.

Hi All, check this out, a new cool app by PractiScore's developer Eugene Kuleshov is going to be released very soon, it will allow shooters with Commander to take training or practice session to a new level by storing every shot string with details for further analysis simply and effectively. One of cool things is that Commander can send and app can detect each new string automatically so you can keep your focus on the shooting while app track your shot string, so you can empty your mags into the targets in front of you first, then take your phone or tablet and tag those strings.
    https://www.facebook.com/eugene.prac...02991500547108
    Name:  training app.jpg
Views: 766
Size:  41.9 KB

Sorry if this seems overly self-promoting as a first post, but I found out about this shot timer from this thread, so I felt like this was an appropriate place to put my review.
    https://hebrewhammerblog.com/2019/05...-timer-review/

Bottom line, I was very impressed with it, and I think it's going to become the timer to beat once there's more software support and maybe another rev of the hardware/software.

User Tag List