Page 12 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: AMG Lab Shot Timer

Hammertime
    Last edited by Doc_Glock; 12-18-2018 at 12:20 PM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by alexmg View Post

As for rotating clip from earlier video, that was one of the prototypes I built and tested that allows just that, be able to swing timer's face up to see the display better while it is mounted on the belt, later on it will become available.
    Do you have a rough idea of when this clip will be available?

Edit: What clips are incuded? I'm kinda lost on the current clip options. I also see there's the "belt carry system" for sale on the site but I'm not sure if that's one of the clips that's been mentioned in this thread or not.
    Last edited by scjbash; 12-25-2018 at 10:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by scjbash View Post
    Do you have a rough idea of when this clip will be available?

Edit: What clips are incuded? I'm kinda lost on the current clip options. I also see there's the "belt carry system" for sale on the site but I'm not sure if that's one of the clips that's been mentioned in this thread or not.
    Thanks for checking, that particular clip (from early prototyping video) should become available later 2019.

The belt carry system on the website comprises 3 things: 1 - timer holder, 2 - light duty swivel belt clip, 3 - set of mounting hardware (screws, threaded posts and washers of variable lengths). Timer holder from this package can be mounted on Safariland, Tek-lok or Combat loop belt clips but those are not provided.

Another mounting/carrying option is a silicone skin that was just freshly designed and currently being manufactured, it can be attached to the body by small carabiner or split ring attachment spots can be a belt loop or a lanyard.

Timer by itself, i.e. without above mentioned mounting options, is most suitable for club usage where timer is held in hand most of the time or for individual usage where timer is not required to be attached to the shooter.

And just so everyone knows, rotating adapter is currently in works and should be ready soon, the one from image below, it can be mounted between any of above mentioned clips whether light duty one, tek-lok, or safariland, etc, and timer's holder and allow timer to be tilted up while sitting in the holder.
    Name:  rotating adapter.JPG
Views: 1012
Size:  69.8 KB

Site Supporter
    Thanks for the fast response. Ordering now.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_Jenkins View Post

Arrived today.

Mini-Grip for size reference.

Installed 4xAAA batteries. Unit seems to ‘feel’ very solid. Tactile feedback of the switches is high quality. Positive detents.

Loud beep is LOUD. Lowest beep level is good for a room.

No documentation included. Alex indicated a manual would be on the web site soon. There are five ‘presets’. Thinking these correspond to five user selectable configurations?

Each includes sensitivity (1-10), start type (instant or delay, delay is fixed or random) and up to three par times, each of which are settable, echo delay (?) and beep volume (1-3).

After a couple minutes I was able to set up a random start par time of 2.00 seconds fairly quickly ( I use a timer for dry practice often.).

The extras in the box are cool. A belt clip, mount and hardware. Plus a couple snap clips for shirt pocket use.

Pretty happy so far.

It feels like a modern, well executed product, lean in functionality. Will take to square range Sunday.
    So I’ve had the AMG Labs Timer for a month.

Bottom line up front: I love it

I purchased this Timer primarily for the purported ability to record trigger presses on Dry Practice. I can say after a month of solid use, it has failed to detect the sound of the Striker release of my Glock 19.5 exactly 0 times.

Having the ability to time my draws in Dry Practice has led to some key changes in approach. I’ve never been able to use a timer at home to do this before, and it’s fantastic.

This thing is also built like a tank. I’ve dropped it off the desk accidentally a couple times. No issues.

Love the AAA batteries. Love the small form factor over my Pocket Pro II. Love the presets for setting up a ‘programs’. Love the BT integration (although I was unaware it had this feature and it was not a discriminator when I bought it).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammertime

AMG Lab Shot Timer

I love mine at an indoor range. On sensitivity 2, it picked up my 9mm and ignored an AR four stalls down. Nice!
    Last edited by Doc_Glock; 12-31-2018 at 05:58 PM.

Thank you everyone, Happy New 2019!

Happy customer is the best reward an engineer can get, thank you everybody for choosing Commander for your training needs, for support and a great feedback from the field. Happy New 2019!

I just ordered two of these... finally got tired of the menu/button silliness on my PP2s after Friday's range session.

I also plan to throw PractiScore into the mix with the new timers and see if I can get some kind of electronic record of range and dry practices.

I'll post my n00b impressions once I've had some time with them. The PP2 was the least frustrating timer I'd found and I still hated it ;-)
    "A man's character is his fate."

Keep in mind the PractiScore app never intended for practice, especially dryfire. A different and more suitable app is in the works.

Quote Originally Posted by euxx View Post
    Keep in mind the PractiScore app never intended for practice, especially dryfire. A different and more suitable app is in the works.
    Support for iPhone and iPad would be awesome.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

User Tag List