Page 11 of 33 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: AMG Lab Shot Timer

I showed the Commander to a USPSA match director, who will be hosting our Area match. He's interested in purchasing some, and very intrigued by the integration with Practiscore.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Do we have any idea if these will work with Nooks? Our local clubs run Nooks for scorekeeping and the timers they currently have “work”, but further integration would make things easier for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by spinmove_ View Post
    Do we have any idea if these will work with Nooks? Our local clubs run Nooks for scorekeeping and the timers they currently have “work”, but further integration would make things easier for sure.
    It will work with any tablets when you enter time manually. 😁

On a serious note, Nooks don't have Bluetooth and about 4 years older than Android got support for Bluetooth LE used in AMG timer

Also, you and your club also need to be aware of this (read the bold text) https://blog.practiscore.com/app-information-android/

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Very interested. What are they priced at right now for pre-orders? May wait a bit for the product to mature a bit, but this looks like a massive improvement over my PocketPro.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    Very interested. What are they priced at right now for pre-orders? May wait a bit for the product to mature a bit, but this looks like a massive improvement over my PocketPro.
    https://www.amg-lab.com/

$149.

Does anyone know if it is possible to set less that 1 second between par times 1-2 or 2-3? I was wanting to be able to setup .1-.2 splits to work transitions with but it doesn't seem possible. Every time I try to go lower that 1 second on the par 2 or 3 it auto adjusts the other part time preceding. If it is not possible is this something that can be adjusted using the practicescore and iPad?

AMG Lab Shot Timer

@alexmg

Alex - If I want to set up a USPSA simulated start time (USPSA Rules, 2/14, para 8.3.3) of between 1.0 and 4.0 seconds, can I do this by setting the timer to DELAY, with settings 1.00 for FIXED and 3.00 for RANDOM?

Last edited by RJ; 12-10-2018 at 04:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_Jenkins View Post
    Alex - If I want to set up a USPSA simulated start time (USPSA Rules, 2/14, para 8.3.3) of between 1.0 and 4.0 seconds, can I do this by setting the timer to DELAY, with settings 1.00 for FIXED and 3.00 for RANDOM?
    Yes.

Though I actually set the fixed portion to 2 seconds so I have time to get set for the draw.

Quote Originally Posted by johnm View Post
    RO’d the uspsa practice stage today...
    Used it in today’s uspsa match.
    Light rain made no difference.

Used sensitivity level 5 and no problems picking up normal pcc shots. Didn’t notice it pick up anything from the other bays.

Tablet person never had any problems reading the display.

No old deaf shooters on this squad but it really would be better if the loud beep was a bit louder.

Site Supporter
    Got mine last week. Used it Friday in a range session for work. Nothing fancy, just some par times but so far so good.

Just got 12 more AAA Eneloops to go with it.
    Last edited by HCM; 12-16-2018 at 09:06 PM.

User Tag List