Page 30 of 33 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: AMG Lab Shot Timer

@Slavex

So this was example of a session where I did drills and tests.

I ran at different speeds to gauge accuracy and reproducibility.

I set different levels of reproducibility depending on the goal.

Match mode versus hero mode.

But I practice both. Because if you don’t know your limits you can’t push them.

Then I’ll do the “test” but dial the speed back to match mode (shooting within comfortable skill to ensure hits).

So I did some experimentation that I didn’t care to record.

Then “tested.” I could do it with more data but I don’t think the numbers would help as much as video.

In a session with drills and tests where I’m experimenting prior to testing, I don’t know how recording the entire session adds to it. But I still have to try out the app.

Quote Originally Posted by Slavex View Post
    @euxx, I didn't realize one could hook up a separate camera too, any links to ones you've tried or heard about?
    Apparently I was wrong. It does not work out of the box in the PractiScore Log app.

Generally, external USB cameras are supported on Android. I just need to see why they aren't showing up in the list of cameras.

Another option would be hook up other cameras that can serve video feed over WiFi. GoPro does that and even allows 3rd party developers use it. Not sure about any other cameras that are being used. And research for this option is going to be rather costly in regards to getting the gear for testing.

PractiScore Log is helpful

@euxx

I had a chance to use it today and found it helpful and definitely worth the money.

I didn’t use the video function (still favoring hat cam generally) but I really liked the “at a glance” comparison that let me compare transit times and transitions in a run.

Name:  71DEC36A-7E53-4474-BFC5-298E09BDFCDE.jpg
Views: 825
Size:  33.8 KB

Just saw this pic from Eric Graffuel's range, of an AMG Commander with lit up numbers. How does one get that? Or is it some trickery of the camera and lights?

Name:  FB_IMG_1665235121133.jpg
Views: 718
Size:  41.4 KB
    ...and to think today you just have fangs

Rob Engh
    BC, Canada

I am waiting, and waiting, on mine...........

Quote Originally Posted by GulfCoast View Post
    I am waiting, and waiting, on mine...........
    I ordered mine May 10th, and received a shipping notification on Nov 6, so... six months?

Ordered mine back in June and still.. crickets. Good to see that May orders seem to have moved.

I learned a long time ago that for some stuff in the firearms space, you just need to place an order and more or less forget about it. Usually it works out. Been burned once in 30 years on a belt, but the vast majority of the time things eventually show up.

When Lou Alessi made my holsters back in the day that "wait a year" strategy worked out well every time- and he was a friend of mine.

Follow up… arrived today. So, a solid six months, but considering some things in the overall electronics business that’s fine. Really appreciate the dryfire functionality.

I think I am 5 months now, so there is hope.

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    I cannot find my AMG commander…

Fudgesicle.

Edit.

Found it in my rifle bag.

Since my wife has taken my spare one, it’s reasonable to order a third one, right?
    Update: Got email today that my third one shipped! June 30th was the date of the quoted message.

User Tag List