Page 23 of 33 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: AMG Lab Shot Timer

Alex has reached out to me. My emailed questions fell through the cracks and was missed. He has answered them and I am very satisfied with the reply.

Ethan

Quote Originally Posted by Ethang View Post
    Alex has reached out to me. My emailed questions fell through the cracks and was missed. He has answered them and I am very satisfied with the reply.

Ethan
    Did he give you an estimate on ship times?
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Quote Originally Posted by UNK View Post
    Did he give you an estimate on ship times?
    He did. The supply problems have still not been overcome and remain an issue but a hopeful estimate of another month maybe more. I am good with the wait now that I have actually heard back from him.

Just to update. The Commander came in today, thank you Alex. I have not had a chance to give it a live run through yet, but did test out the dry fire potential and it picked up every one from an AR platform. I hope to have time to put some live fire work in soon, as well as passing it around to some of the other instructors to get their feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by Ethang View Post
    Just to update. The Commander came in today, thank you Alex. I have not had a chance to give it a live run through yet, but did test out the dry fire potential and it picked up every one from an AR platform. I hope to have time to put some live fire work in soon, as well as passing it around to some of the other instructors to get their feedback.
    Using it with PractiScore is nice to download entire strings of data with a tap of a button onto a phone or tablet.

I placed my order in May and it has not shipped. Is anybody else seeing that kind of delay?
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Ordered 5/13. Received yesterday.

I got mine and really like it. Initially, I wasn't sure what to do with the presets but then I loved them once I figure them out. There are four likely work states for me - Indoor or Outdoor Range and Delay (By myself) or No Delay (Working with others). I setup the four possible conditions Indoor/No Delay, Indoor/Delay, Outdoor/No Delay, and Outdoor/Delay.

I did a group training session today and it worked great. The display is very easy to read and the ability to look at splits by scrolling with the arrows was handy.

My only (minor) grip - I tried affixing a label with so I'd know which was which but it wouldn't stick to the silicone. Next, I took a sharpie and wrote the states on the side. After one range session, they're barely legible. I've got to figure out how to mark the timer so I don't have to look at the actual settings. A buddy recommended affixing a plastic plate with silicone friendly adhesive and then putting the sticker on the plate and that's my likely course of action.

This timer will be replacing everything else except for the times I need a 1/8" output to run my turning target system.

The wait was a PITA but worth it.

Name:  IMG_8380.jpg
Views: 292
Size:  69.7 KB
    • It's not the odds, it's the stakes.
    • If you aren't dry practicing every week, you're not serious.....
    • "Tache-Psyche Effect - a polite way of saying 'You suck.' " - GG

Site Supporter
    That is a very smart method of keeping track of presets. I'm totally stealing that.

Quote Originally Posted by John Hearne View Post
    My only (minor) grip - I tried affixing a label with so I'd know which was which but it wouldn't stick to the silicone. Next, I took a sharpie and wrote the states on the side. After one range session, they're barely legible. I've got to figure out how to mark the timer so I don't have to look at the actual settings. A buddy recommended affixing a plastic plate with silicone friendly adhesive and then putting the sticker on the plate and that's my likely course of action.
    Two potential solutions for you:

Key ring tag.
    Rubber bands.

Name:  8036B91D-0632-4904-AFDC-F13BF9915760.jpg
Views: 256
Size:  54.8 KB
    Name:  7DD9E6DA-5E01-4997-8811-40C5AA8671A0.jpg
Views: 285
Size:  48.4 KB

Also could make a slit or window in the skin and put a card there.
    Magnets work too.

User Tag List