Page 24 of 33 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: AMG Lab Shot Timer

I was home with a quarantined kid and decided to clean up my shooting bag. Thanks to the AMG, I removed from my bag:
    1 - CED 6000
    2 - CED 7000
    1 - Charger for CED 7000
    1 - Battery holder for CED 7000
    1 - Shotmaxx timer

I added four AAA batteries to always have spares.
    • It's not the odds, it's the stakes.
    • If you aren't dry practicing every week, you're not serious.....
    • "Tache-Psyche Effect - a polite way of saying 'You suck.' " - GG

I love my AMG and will be replacing all my clubs flooded timers with them. I use it almost always with a tablet running Practiscore Log, which is invaluable, but I do wish the timer had more onboard memory. I'd love 10 or even 50 string storage, which these days would be pretty easy to do. For those using it with Practiscore or PS Log, go into your settings on the Commander and set Bluetooth to "Push", you'll see live updates on your tablet or phone as the shots happen. Which I like when teaching.

I'd also like it to be upgradeable via wireless or something as I'd do bad things to get one feature on it @alexmg Keyed beeps are an awesome tool, especially for training others in these ammo shortage times.

(from the Pact user manual)
    The KEY button activates the Keyed Beep feature. This is a neat training tool that provides the shooter with a beep a certain number of seconds after a specific shot. This is particularly usefulin practicing reloads.
    EXAMPLE: Keyed Beep 1.5 seconds after the 6th shot
    Press KEY, YES. The timer asks you for a shot number. Push 6 , SET. You must now tell it the length of the delay, enter 1.5 SET. As with the Benchmark function you can enter 5 more than one keyed beep. When you are done entering keyed beeps you can either press SET without entering a number to return to “TIMER COMMAND” - or you can just push the GO button to start the string.
    Go ahead and press the GO button. When the timer hears your 6th shot it will start a secondary timer and give you a yell 1.5 seconds later. At first you're just getting the magazine to the gun at the beep. After some practice you find that you're almost back on target at the beep. The feedback of the timer allows you to objectively evaluate equipment and technique. You could also use multiple keyed beeps off of the same shot to break the reload down some more.
    Last edited by Slavex; 02-18-2022 at 12:12 AM.
    ...and to think today you just have fangs

Rob Engh
    BC, Canada

Replacement Commander just arrived! (I wore out the Start button on mine, after very heavy use.)

Thanks @alexmg!

“There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

For my personal use, I’m happy with my PACT timers, but I have to say, my local USPSA club uses about 10 of these AMG timers, and they are impressive- and so far, quite reliable. We run iPads with the Practiscore software, and these timers, and I have yet to see any issues at all.

Battery

I wore my first battery out after about three years of use....

I love these things.

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    I wore my first battery out after about three years of use....

I love these things.
    The batteries last so long by the time a replacement is necessary I'll have no idea what's inside.

Question if anyone or @alexmg knows, what is the length (in milliseconds) of the par BEEP and when does it begin/end in relation to the par time?

For example, if say the beep was 250 milliseconds (250 is just my wild guess), and par set to 1.00. Does the par BEEP start at 1.00s and go to 1.25s, or does "par" time end at the last part of the beep, as in 0.75 to 1.00s?

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Question if anyone or @alexmg knows, what is the length (in milliseconds) of the par BEEP and when does it begin/end in relation to the par time?

For example, if say the beep was 250 milliseconds (250 is just my wild guess), and par set to 1.00. Does the par BEEP start at 1.00s and go to 1.25s, or does "par" time end at the last part of the beep, as in 0.75 to 1.00s?
    Beginning of the beep is the par time.

Or basically when the par time elapses, the beep starts.

300ms is pretty normal for a shot timer beep. Unknown on the AMG specifically. Time starts and stops at the beginning of the beep.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post

Same information already mentioned above by others but just in case:
    Beep length - 300ms
    Par beep starts exactly at par time. So if par time set to 1.00s, beep will start at 1.00s and end at 1.3s

User Tag List