Page 17 of 33 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: AMG Lab Shot Timer

Quote Originally Posted by erwos View Post
    Sorry if this seems overly self-promoting as a first post, but I found out about this shot timer from this thread, so I felt like this was an appropriate place to put my review.
    https://hebrewhammerblog.com/2019/05...-timer-review/

Bottom line, I was very impressed with it, and I think it's going to become the timer to beat once there's more software support and maybe another rev of the hardware/software.
    Thank you for sharing. If you have suggestions how to make bluetooth timer link in PractiScore more intuitive, please let me know. Either here or directly at support@practiscore.com

Similarly, what are you expectations for dryfire support? In my understanding the dryfire app you referred to is simply beeping pre-sets of par times from the list of drills and then saves some stats on number of repetitions.

Quote Originally Posted by erwos View Post
    Sorry if this seems overly self-promoting as a first post, but I found out about this shot timer from this thread, so I felt like this was an appropriate place to put my review.
    https://hebrewhammerblog.com/2019/05...-timer-review/

Bottom line, I was very impressed with it, and I think it's going to become the timer to beat once there's more software support and maybe another rev of the hardware/software.
    Thanks for that review. I was in the market for a shot timer and bought one partially based on your review. As an aside, you and I met briefly met at the Greg Ellifritz knife class FPF hosted. Glad to see you made it over to PF!

This is very tempting, how are these holding up?
    #RESIST

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I have been using mine every range session. No issues.

Same here. It’s the only modern timer.

Is there room for improvement? Of course, but there are really no serious competitors.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Zero issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Received mine while on motorcycle trip. Did not include a manual. Had to go on line for some answers. Be nice to have a manual while on the range without having to stop to go online.

JW

I've bounced mine off the floor a few times now. Keeps on ticking. I wouldn't buy anything else.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Student
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I gave away my Pocket Pro II to a classmate at a John Murphy's back in March and have yet to wish I did not.

Alex's timer has become a staple in my live-fire practice, the entirety of which is at an indoor range. Unless it's peak time and/or someone in the lanes adjacent to me has chosen to fire an AR or a shotgun or rent a machine gun (which is not often enough to be an issue based on when I go), I have no issues with picking up anyone else's shots.

John Correia received his some time ago and is trying it out too.

I bought one of these and turned it over to The Magnificent Steve, Director of Engineering for First Person Safety. Steve runs an indoor match and uses Practiscore, and he is reporting success with the Practiscore integration. He also reports that several of his match regulars will be ordering them.

I also bought a module that works in conjunction with a cell phone app as a timer. We'll be testing it too.
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

User Tag List