Page 20 of 33 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: AMG Lab Shot Timer

Quote Originally Posted by javemtr View Post
    I already have the shot timer, when will I be able to purchase a silicon sleeve separately?
    Can you please send a message using web form with your full name and custom order for silicone skin will be generated.

^^^^^That's customer service right there

Just to report back on my quest to acquire silicone skins: as you can see above, my inquiry was promptly answered and an order confirmation was dispatched soon after I had sent a contact email. Package already arrived today and even included screen protectors! Thumbs way up!

Order placed

Alex From AMG-Lab.com was interviewed by Steve Anderson on his podcast.
    Alex makes each timer by hand. I would have thought that he would outsource
    production to a specialized company but he actually solders the boards himself.

https://andersonshooting.libsyn.com/...rom-amg-labcom
    "To achieve any significant technological breakthrough, much Derp must be endured." -Rich@CCC
    "Your shotgun is running a bit frenetic, you should add some lavender to your lubricant, that should calm it down." -Aray, Oils and Lotions SME

just ordered one of these. was told roughly 30 day wait.

contact

has anyone had recent contact with AMG? I've been trying to email them with no response.

I ordered one in early June, and the website reported about an 8 week wait. I contacted Alex in August and he was very responsive, citing issues with his supply chain, which is very plausible, considering it is 2020. Any how, Alex got it shipped last week with complete tracking info and I received it today. It was packaged VERY well. I down loaded the manual to read first (I know..). It has a very good 'form factor' and is pretty simple and intuitive. I don't think I'll be using any bluetooth / practiscore features, but you never know.

My plan is to keep this mainly in the house to use for dry fire. I've got a 30? year old PACT MKIV timer / chrono that I keep in my range bag. That thing just plain works, but is huge and takes 9v batteries. The only other things I own that take 9v are the hard-wired smoke detectors...

If there are any issues, I'll report. But otherwise no news is good news.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    A new shot timer is in the works:

https://www.amg-lab.com/

I’ve pre-ordered one, and will post back reviews when it arrives.

PS there is a running thread with a semi related thread title here: https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....-another-brand , but it seemed fairer to create a thread specifically for this timer, especially as some here have indicated they’ve pre-ordered as well.

I am looking forward to it.
    Just wanted to post a quick update on my AMG Labs Commander timer, which I've had in operation for almost two years now.

I recently contacted Alex to ask a quick question about the pickup of my trigger press for my G19 in dry practice at the highest sensitivity setting, and as to the type of battery he recommended to use. To my surprise, Alex asked me if I would not mind sending it to him to verify operation. He sent me a pre-paid shipping label for the return. Mine was one of the first production run and Alex indicated he was curious how it had fared over the almost 24 months of use. Alex set it up on the bench, and ensured it was running to specification. He also refurbed the case and polished the keys, and then shipped it back to me at no charge. Not only that, but he shipped it with a few extras including a very snazzy brand-new silicone carrying case.

I genuinely appreciate his follow through and support on this. I was blown away by the Customer Service and how he stands behind his product. Covering shipment both ways as well as a complete bench verification and cosmetic overhaul, completely free of charge, on an almost two-year old item, was totally unexpected. The included swag and the red case is perfect, absolutely perfect.

Name:  IMG_7767.jpg
Views: 325
Size:  58.2 KB

@alexmg

I ordered one of these going on a month ago. They charged my card but when I emailed them last week I got no reply.

What's the typical lead time on these?

User Tag List