Thread: Safety levers for Beretta PX4's replacement

Safety levers for Beretta PX4's replacement

Planning in changing the safety levers of all my Berettas PX4...with the new style, less punishment for finger tips..All videos I find are conversion to G...can I just simply replace them, working as OEM...Where I find any tutorial videos...Tks in advance

PD...Need the videos to immerse into the process...I am very timid and non proficient in pistol "mechanics"...age and hands don't help me either....but will lean to do it...

Quote Originally Posted by Pepe Escobar View Post
    All videos I find are conversion to G...can I just simply replace them, working as OEM...
    Do you mean that you would like the aftermarket levers to work as a safety, and not just a decocker? If the levers don't have a place for the little ball bearing and its spring, they won't remain in the down position - so I think you would need to check with the manufacturer of the levers whether or not they would work for your application.

As for the actual process of changing the levers, if you've seen videos on the decocker modification you've seen a video on how to remove and reinstall the safety levers. It really is a simple process of moving the safety lever so the pin is exposed, driving out the pin, removing the safety levers, assembly is in reverse order. Just make sure the little spring ends up in its proper place during assembly.

Thanks a lot

Quote Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
    Do you mean that you would like the aftermarket levers to work as a safety, and not just a decocker? If the levers don't have a place for the little ball bearing and its spring, they won't remain in the down position - so I think you would need to check with the manufacturer of the levers whether or not they would work for your application.

As for the actual process of changing the levers, if you've seen videos on the decocker modification you've seen a video on how to remove and reinstall the safety levers. It really is a simple process of moving the safety lever so the pin is exposed, driving out the pin, removing the safety levers, assembly is in reverse order. Just make sure the little spring ends up in its proper place during assembly.
    Will do as suggested...thanks for the information....will watch couple of extra videos and will proceed with the installation... Will be back asap with results..

User Tag List