Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Choosing a Hi-Power...

A lot of good information in this thread. I actually prefer a heavier trigger to a lighter one, but I'm weird that way.

You should be aware that Browning has recently discontinued the Hi-Power, so unless you go the Tisas route, you shouldn't do a lot of waiting if you want one.

Name:  IMG_0545.jpg
Views: 486
Size:  48.9 KB
    Last edited by Chuck Whitlock; 11-01-2018 at 12:34 PM.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

At minimum, I think the HP needs three things: a set of Novaks or Heinies cut in, a thumbsafety, and a hammer bob. I had a few (Yost, Heinie, Sokol) and I loved them all

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Whitlock View Post
    A lot of good information in this thread. I actually prefer a heavier trigger to a lighter one, but I'm weird that way.

You should be aware that Browning has recently discontinued the Hi-Power, so unless you go the Tisas route, you shouldn't do a lot of waiting if you want one.

Name:  IMG_0545.jpg
Views: 486
Size:  48.9 KB
    There's something to that. I had some custom work done on a PX4 and it was too light for my tastes... too difficult to control.

I mean, there's always some floating around on GB. Armslist. Definitely lots of surplus options (Mach1 Arsenal)... though recent insights suggests it may be better to go for a commercial example.

Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    .....Does the SFS make it feel more secure when it’s engaged?
    I think so, to me there is a more positive off click in both engagement and disengagement, and if it got wiped off for any reason, that hammer is popping back immediately and you know.

.....… I didn’t choose the gun hipster life. The gun hipster life chose me.
    me, too, best I can figure by the time I was 6 or 7 years old....I was arguing, collecting, and trading with my friends over finding the best cap guns and spring cartridge guns (Johnny Eagle Magumba Vs Mattel Shootin' Shell Dectective Special if you are my age)...

I can't add much to all that has been said, except perhaps, "If you decide you like them, one won't be enough."

“The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

MKIII Practical is the gun to get. But if you keep an eye out on Gunbroker, customized BHPs show up regularly for a portion of the outlay.

Yost, Novaks, Garthwaite are the best.

Site Supporter
    There's something to that. I had some custom work done on a PX4 and it was too light for my tastes... too difficult to control.

I mean, there's always some floating around on GB. Armslist. Definitely lots of surplus options (Mach1 Arsenal)... though recent insights suggests it may be better to go for a commercial example.
    Yes but as typical as soon as a gun with flagging sales is discontinued everyone wants one and prices begun to rise.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post

Yost, Novaks, Garthwaite are the best.
    My Yost was great

Last edited by theJanitor; 11-01-2018 at 08:55 PM.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    If the SA thing bothers you, look into third-gen Smiths. They are available in DAO or TDA, single or double stack. Have all the slimness in the slide.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

User Tag List