Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gen 3 "-" connector vs. Gen 4 "-" connector

Gen 3 "-" connector vs. Gen 4 "-" connector

I mentioned a while back how I had swapped out the connector in my Gen 4 Glock 21 for a new factory minus connector. It actually didn't do much to improve the trigger pull, and after a practice session last night I decided to haul the Gen 3 "-" connector out of my G34 and stick it in my 21. I changed no other internal parts.

Prior to changing the connectors, the trigger pull on my G21 measured an average 4.5 lbs. After installing the Gen 3 connector, it measured an average of 4 lbs. Visually the connectors appeared the same before I swapped them out, but clearly there's something different about the Gen 3 connector. My best theory is because the Gen 3 connector has had 10k+ rounds on it and about a hojillion dry fires, it's cleaned up a bit and has better contact surfaces than the Gen 4 connector.

Banned
    this guy has some ideas on how to lighten up the trigger

Site Supporter
    Rather than remove the dimple on the trigger bar, just lube the points where it rides on the slide, I used slide glide. I have not found that dimple to make a big difference in the trigger pull. What is different, that makes most of the difference in the trigger feel, is the connector angle in the housing.

Also, if you're going to measure the trigger pull weight, you should measure it while pulling the trigger straight back, and make sure you keep using the same point on the trigger. It needs to be consistent, or you can get large variations in the pull weight.
    Last edited by JV_; 03-03-2012 at 05:23 PM.

Site Supporter
    Caleb - Do you polish any of your connectors?

No, with factory Glock triggers regardless of what type, I usually just "shoot them in" and dry fire a bunch. I think that's why the Gen 3 connector was better, it had way more rounds on it than my other one.

You can shoot thousands and thousands of rounds from a Glock with a properly lubricated connector and it will not be smooth like one that has been polished with zero rounds fired..

Quote Originally Posted by JBP55 View Post
    You can shoot thousands and thousands of rounds from a Glock with a properly lubricated connector and it will not be smooth like one that has been polished with zero rounds fired..
    Sounds like a challenge
    Evil requires the sanction of the victim. - Ayn Rand

I don't think it's unusual that different minus connectors can feel different in the same gun. I've seen that published on line long ago and I've experienced what appears to validate that. Several may all feel indistinguishable and one can feel better suddenly. No idea while.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

I've switched out all but one of my connectors to the (.) dot connector. I tried it first in my gen 4 17, and loved it enough to switch out the other gen 3 standard and minus connectors as well.
    Phillipians 4:13
    Go Gators/Wildcats!!!
    Glock Cert. Armorer

Quote Originally Posted by Super J View Post
    I've switched out all but one of my connectors to the (.) dot connector. I tried it first in my gen 4 17, and loved it enough to switch out the other gen 3 standard and minus connectors as well.
    Likewise. I've got dot connectors in all my carry Glocks.

User Tag List