Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Request for opinions/info on this item please.

Request for opinions/info on this item please.

My G19 slide was milled for the RMR. I just ordered my first MOS pistol so I'm not familiar.

Is this for aesthetics only? Is there a mechanical reason for this?

http://chpws.com/product/trijjicon-r...-adapter-plate

Thanks all.
    David

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by SC_Dave View Post
    My G19 slide was milled for the RMR. I just ordered my first MOS pistol so I'm not familiar.

Is this for aesthetics only? Is there a mechanical reason for this?

http://chpws.com/product/trijjicon-r...-adapter-plate

Thanks all.
    David
    There is a legitimate reason to eliminate front and rear play and provide support front and rear. This is why precise milling like that done by ATEI results in improved service life and reliability.

Whether this product will accomplish the same thing has yet to be determined.

L&M has made a similar plate for MOS guns on a custom basis. One of the key differences between the L&M and this product is the L&M is made of steel and this is made of aluminum. My concern about the aluminum is the RMR must be removed periodically for battery changes and repeated removal and installation of steel screws into much softer aluminum does not seem like a recipe for longevity.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    There is a legitimate reason to eliminate front and rear play and provide support front and rear. This is why precise milling like that done by ATEI results in improved service life and reliability.

Whether this product will accomplish the same thing has yet to be determined.

L&M has made a similar plate for MOS guns on a custom basis. One of the key differences between the L&M and this product is the L&M is made of steel and this is made of aluminum. My concern about the aluminum is the RMR must be removed periodically for battery changes and repeated removal and installation of steel screws into much softer aluminum does not seem like a recipe for longevity.
    Tried to search for L&M and found nothing. Full name or link would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Clay1 View Post
    Tried to search for L&M and found nothing. Full name or link would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
    Call Mark Housel at L&M machining - I don’t know if he still makes them but C&H makes a similar plate.

Here you go. Mark is a great guy.
    https://www.landmprecisiongunworks.com/
    Last edited by SC_Dave; 09-07-2019 at 01:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SC_Dave View Post
    Here you go. Mark is a great guy.
    https://www.landmprecisiongunworks.com/
    Thanks for the help Dave, they are out of the office for a bit and I couldn't find the plate for the MOS system on their website, but they will be back about the middle of the month and I will reach out then. Much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Call Mark Housel at L&M machining - I don’t know if he still makes them but C&H makes a similar plate.
    Almost missed your post HCM, I just saw Dave's link and clicked on that. Appreciate the help and the push in the right direction. Maybe, I'm wrong but the C&H is aluminum and the L&M product was steel. Just thought with the battery replacement and unscrewing often, I liked the idea of the steel. Not sure if it will make any real difference but made sense to me.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Clay1 View Post
    Almost missed your post HCM, I just saw Dave's link and clicked on that. Appreciate the help and the push in the right direction. Maybe, I'm wrong but the C&H is aluminum and the L&M product was steel. Just thought with the battery replacement and unscrewing often, I liked the idea of the steel. Not sure if it will make any real difference but made sense to me.
    That was my though but the C&H seem to be holding up so far.

FWIW, I went with C&H shortly after this original post. I have 6500-7000 rounds using it with one RMR swap in that period without a single issue. Not only have I been please with the adapter I'm also pleased with their customer service. Again, FWIW, they just came out with a Version 3 of the adapter. I'm not sure what the difference in V2 and V3 is but as said I have had NO issue with V2.

This is to take nothing away from L&M and Mark's good work and great service.
    David

I've been happy enough with my first one that I ordered a second for my training gun. I have about 2500 rounds through my first plate, no issues once I torqued the screws properly.

User Tag List